ONLY KIDS - Muke

"Oh, c'mon baby, it's only pre school! You'll have so much fun!," Liz said, desperately trying to sooth her crying five year old son.

But Luke just continued to cry and press his stuffed penguin to his pyjama claded chest.

"Luke, no one there will hurt you, or hate you. It is just like kindergarten..," Liz tried again while her two older son's came running down the stairs.

"Oh don't worry Lukey, pre school is the worst thing ever but it prepares you for real school... you will learn how to deal with bitches and haters," Jack said while picking up his lunch box.

"JACK!," Liz yelled at her older son and looked down at her youngest kid again who was watching his big brother with a terrified look.

"Luke.. preschool ist for big boys. And you are a big boy, aren't you?," Liz asked as calm as possible although she was getting really frustrated.

Luke looked at her with big blue watery eyes and quivering lips which were stuck out in a pout and nodded.

"See? And now let mommy take you to preschool," Liz smiled and ruffled Luke's hair , "go and put on your favorite sweater!"

***

"Bye boys! Have a nice day at school!," Liz shouted while Jack and Ben climbed out of the car and walked towards middle school.

"C'mon Luke, time to go," Liz smiled at her youngest son and unbuckled him.

"I don't want to go, mummy," Luke whimpered and his eyes watered again.

Liz sighed and rubbed her face.

"Listen Luke. You have to go to preschool, mummy has to go to work! You are a big boy now!," Liz was clearly getting frustrated.

Luke shook his head as fast as possible.

Liz sighed and lifted Luke out of his car seat. She looked to the left and saw another mother arriving with a kid about Luke's age.

"C'mon mummy! I finally want to go to pre school!," the kid shouted and jumped out of the car.

"Luke, c'mon go over to the nice boy," Liz said in a sweet voice.

Luke shook his head no and hid behind her leg.

"Lucas Robert Hemmings," Liz said in her mother voice and gave Luke a small push in the direction of the other kid.

Luke stumbled toward the boy and by that gained his attention.

"Hi buddy," the boy smiled at Luke.

Luke smiled back shyly.

"Mich- did you make a new friend already?," Michaels mum said while walking around the car.

Michael nodded and grabbed Luke's hand.

"Alright boys, have fun!," his mum smiled and waved as Michael ran of towards the building with Luke trailing behind.

"I'm so excited to start pre school!," Michael smiled, "there's this girl from my kindergarten and she has such pretty eyes! What's your name?"

"Luke," Luke whispered.

"Oh cool. I'm Mikey!," Michael smiled

Like smiled back awkwardly and nearly started crying again when the two of them entered the preschool classroom and Michael instantly went to sit with the girl from kindergarten which left Luke on his own. He went to a seat in the back of the classroom and pulled out his pencils.

***

At lunch, Luke was standing in the middle of the room. He didn't know where to sit. There were two big tables. On one of them was Michael and all the other kids, on the other table was nobody.

"Haha look at blondies Batman pullover! What a baby!," one of the boys suddenly started laughing and pointed at Luke.

Luke's eyes widened and tears welled up in his eyes.

"Awwww is baby Batman going to cry?," another boy mocked and all kids where laughing.

Luke hung his head low and made his way over to the empty table. He sat down alone and heard the other kids laughing and interacting but kept his gaze fixed on the paper in front of him. Luke loved drawing and he felt like that was the only thing he was fairly good at.

At the moment, he was drawing a small boy with messy dirty blonde hair and sparkling green eyes. Luke thought these eyes were really pretty and he was longing to go over and see Michaels smile again.

But he couldn't. And that's what Jack had meant this morning while talking about getting prepared for school. But Luke knew if middle school would be like this, he wouldn't ever want to go to school.

The bullying became a regular thing. It seemed like everyone got along well and Luke was the target. Luke was the only one who had no friends.

Whenever someone told the teachers about the bullying, they brushed it off as 'C'mon they're Only Kids! It's just messing around, no harm done!' and it got to a point where Luke wasn't willing to go to pre school anymore. But he was afraid to tell his mum, he didn't want to upset her and he wanted to be a big boy.

Then, two weeks into the bullying, the whole thing reached its breaking point. Luke was on his way to the table where he always sat alone right when someone tripped him and he fell. All of his lunch was sprawled across the floor and his drink soaked his clothes.

"Look who finally took a shower? Baby Batman!," the boy shouted.

Everyone was laughing.

Michael got up and went over to Luke.

He tugged his hoodie over his head and revealed a Superman shirt underneath.

Smiling, he took Luke's hand and lead him to the bathroom.

He dried Luke's hair and tears and gave the small blonde Boy his sweater.

"Thanks," Luke mumbled and blushed slightly.

"You're welcome," Michael smiled back.

"You have pretty eyes," Luke suddenly blurted out and hid his face in his sweater paws.

"You too.. even prettier eyes than the girl I know from kindergarten," Michael smiled.

They walked back into the lunch room and everyone was watching them. Michael sat down with Luke and helped him color his drawing while they shared Michael's cookies.

"Here, for you," Luke said and handed Michael the drawing.

"Thanks Lukey," Michael said and kissed his cheek.

Little did they know that this was the beginning of a perfect Love Story that would last their whole lifes.

But how could they? They were only kids.

________________________

Thanks for reading!I hope you liked it xX

Likes and comments are always appreciated!❤

Requests are open! DM or Comment

Only Love,

Marie💋