PRETEND - Cashton

explicit

Calum stood in front of the full length mirror in his bedroom.

He was wearing white skinny jeans and a soft pink sweater. He loved the combination of these two colors. But he knew he could never wear those things outside of his room.

All the people in his school were single minded assholes who never accepted stuff that's even slightly different than the mainstream. And let's just say his dad wasn't the most accepting parent either. He'd already strechted his limits by having the audacity to be gay.

Calum frowned slightly.

"You look so pretty, baby," Ashton, his boyfriend, said from his spot in Calums bed.

Calum sighed and walked over to him.

"I can never wear this and I've spend fifty bucks on this too," Calum mumbled sad.

Ashton sighed, hating to see his boyfriend so sad.

"I don't get them. Like the people don't know what they are missing out on, you look so cute in pastel," Ashton whispered, which made Calum blush.

Ashton pecked Calum's plump lips and Calum rested his head on Ashton's chest.

"I hate to pretend that I don't know you when we're in school," Calum mumbled into the fabric of Ashton's football shirt.

"I know baby. It's just.. we are the most popular guys in school. You are the star soccer player, I am the star football player... We don't want to lose the spot on top of the school's popularity list, now do we? Everything gets handed to us and that'll include all the scholarships," Ashton said while stroking through Calums thick curls.

"I would stop playing soccer in a heartbeat if that meant holding hands and kissing you in public," Calum mumbled, "and I also I think that good scholarships are given to you for being a good player. Not for popularity."

Ashton sighed.

"You are being childish Calum. You know we can't do this.. Also we've been dating for barely four month now..," Ashton said softly.

"You are probably right," Calum whispered after a moment of silence and if there were tears welling up in his eyes, no one had to know.

***

The next morning, Calum woke up to his alarm going off. He groaned before getting up and taking a shower.

With a towel wrapped around his waist, he stood in front if his closet.

He frowned upon seeing his pretty clothes in a bag at the bottom of his closet and bit his lip.

But instead he grabbed a pair of black skinnies and a green day shirt.

Just when he was done getting dressed he heard a car pulling into his driveway. He grabbed his bookbag and an apple and ran out of his house towards his best friends car.

"Hey Mikey," he smiled at the lilac haired boy while he got in.

"Hi Cally wally," Michael laughed and pulled out of the driveway, "What's the lastest? How are you and lover boy doing?"

Calum sighed.

"He keeps telling me we can't go public...," Calum frowned.

"I mean," Michael said, "he is right. We play soccer, he plays football.. our teams are supposed to hate each other. Also being gay is a touchy subject in school."

"I know that Michael. I just wish we could be open about it. I mean I really love the smiles he gives me when we meet in the hallways or the little sticky notes in my locker and the sneaked hand touches when we walk past each other but.. you know? I want a real solid open relationship...," Calum sighed sad.