Chapter 1 - A Whole New Reality

Kohen: "Nothing here."
Lily: "You sure?? Have you reaaaally looked? Or do you need a magnifying glass?"
Kohen: "I said there's nothing here Lily!! How the hell are we supposed to find anything in this junkyard anyway?? You sure there's treasure here Orton?"
Orton: "Of course there is!! This is an old museum Al, surely there's something we can find in here!! This is a little like spelunking if you think about it. Instead of humidity and a drippy nose all the time, you have the mighty essence of trash seeping it's eroding agents into your skin!!" He teases with a broken toaster.
Kohen: "That sounds awful. Outta my way then!! I don't have time for your dumbass."
Orton: "THE KING HAS TIME TO SEARCH THROUGH TRASH!!! But has no time to hear the words of his righteous servant!? What a shame this has turned out to be..." He teases once more, dragging out his voice like he's playing a drama.

Kohen softly punches his shoulder.
"Go help Myra you moron!"

Myra: "I'm quite alright by myself." She responds, backing herself up against a wall, while reading an old magazine she found amidst the piles of trash. "But there doesn't seem to be much to find here either way, despite our best efforts to scavenge through all these mountains of trash, anything of value seems to have been stripped away from this place."

Orton: "SEE AL?? YOU'RE SAYING SHE HAS THE SPIRIT OF A TRUE ROYAL SERVANT?! SHE'S ALREADY TRYING TO GIVE UP!!!"
Myra: "Please, do not lump me with the likes of you."
Orton: "WHA-- Maaan! You guys are such a bore. Way to kill the mood."

Kohen Alcatraz, nicknamed Al.
5'8 (172 cm), Hazel eyes.
Short and spiky black hair.
Slim-fit, lean figure.
The 17 year old boy that survived a Behemoth encounter when he was only 7. Managed to save his little sister and himself from a disgusting creature with dozens of tentacles. Unfortunately, the beast released an acidic solution she contracted within herself, causing her to dissolve in her older brother's arms.

This deeply affected Kohen.

Now, he spends his time learning about the past of the world he lives in, attempting to unveil the truth about the origin of the outbreak. He sometimes forces his friends to search ruins of the Old World with him, hoping to uncover any secrets that might be hiding inside.
He's an avid explorer.

Orton Cromwell. 19 years old.
5'10 (180 cm), Black eyes.
Flowy short hair with short sides.
Slim-fit, compact figure, slightly buffer than Kohen.
He loves writing scripts and drawing, playing characters in a made-up world of drama (Like the current one isn't dramatic enough). He usually plays his sarcastic comic relief character Norman, who everyone loves. This funnily contrasts his real, darker personality traits. He's never been an anti-social person, but has also never fit any 'social' environment, he's just done his own thing and it seems to have attracted quite the strange bunch of people, which quickly became his best-friends.
Kohen, Lily and Myra.

Lilith Ketler Reid. Nicknamed Lily or Ketler. 18 years old.
5'7 (170 cm) Crimson eyes.
Long black wavy hair, blonde at the tips. Usually styled in a ponytail with bangs.
Slim-fit, well-endowed figure. Visible muscles.
She's a prodigy and a natural-born leader. Her parents were university professors that specialized in autopsies back in their day, teaching her several things as she was growing up. Precisely because of their profession, Lily was around dead bodies quite often as her parents researched infected for further analysis. This environment caused her a certain numbness, maybe even morbid curiosity, about the line between life and death. She doesn't really understand what the latter means.
Despite their many years surviving together, as a complete family after the outbreak, her parents died of natural causes only 2 years ago. Lucky, in a world like this.
She seems to be recuperating as well as she can knowing her parents haven't turned into monsters. Having deep conversations with Myra helps the healing process but, sometimes it gets too much. She lashes out on Kohen often.
She does present narcissistic qualities at times, and often brags about how smart her parents were, which in turn, makes her brag about herself.
Truth is, there's hardly any situation where she's wrong.
She has proven her point countless times.