Chapter 9 - A trip to the past

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Petal Subway Station.
Destination: Zamaton Colony
Mission: Cross the Contamination Zone - 11:05 am
---------------------------------------------------------------------

There they stand. In front of the large silver door that sections the tracks.

Myra: "This is it..." Kohen strides next to her, tapping her shoulder with his palm.
Kohen: "Damn straight. Time to introduce ourselves to Zamaton."

He takes a few steps forth until Myrellie snatches him by the ear.
Kohen: "OWOWOW WHAT THE HECK MOM!?"

Myrellie: "Hold your horses you rambunctious little adventurer! You can't go in there yet."
Kohen: "Why the hell NOT!?" He releases himself, softly caressing his ear.

Myrellie: "You kids haven't gone in a Contamination Zone like this yet."
Lily: "What do you mean?"

Myrellie approaches the gate whilst looking at the miniscule gap between the ground and the bottom of the door. "Come here." She ducks.

"See that green mist seeping through the crack? That's a sign of floral mutations. This Zone is either full of mutated plants, or infected that look like them."

Kohen: "Okayyy. We supposed to do some gardening or what? What does this mean?"
Myrellie: "It means that if you so much as step in there as you are now, you'll more than likely turn into a talking mushroom and your body will bloat until you explode."

Orton and Kohen gulp.

Orton: "Really..?"
Kohen: "That... can happen..?"

Myra: "You guys are so dumb." She hooks her arms around their necks. "No you idiots! Myrellie's messing with you!!"

The adoptive mother smiles.
"Got you good didn't I?"

Kohen: "OH LAY OFF MOM!!"
Myra: "HAHAA!! You actually got scared, didn't you Kohen?"
Kohen: "NO! You can lay off too punk!"
Myra: "Pooooor Kohen! Maybe you should finish that collection I gave you." She giggles.
Kohen: "Maybe you should stop being an ass!!"
Orton: "With all that ass? Doubt it." He smirks as he approaches his blushing girlfriend.
Myra: "What happened to not talking like a punk?"
Orton: "I'll make exceptions every once in a while." They both smile.

Kohen doesn't really react to this comment, although he doesn't feel the pressure of Lily's gaze on the side of his face.

Upon glancing at her, he softly smiles.
It is slightly reciprocated.

Myrellie: "Did you truly believe I'd leave for a mission of this caliber without knowing every detail about it?" She catches his attention, interrupting the moment. "You underestimate me Kohen. I thought last time taught you a lesson."
Kohen: "THAT WAS AN EXCEPTION!!! How was I supposed to know you were the one who destroyed the damn nest and that big ass Behemoth protecting it!?
Myrellie: "You just should've." She shrugs.
Kohen: "I was busy trying not to DIE!! PLUS WE WERE WITH KYLO!! I THOUGHT IT WAS HIM WHO DID IT!!!"
Myrellie: "Dying or not, Kylo or not, ya should've known." She smirks. "Either way, we don't have to worry about this green mist."
Kohen: "That's good! I was starting to think we needed suits or something."

Myrellie: "Well, we don't ."

Kohen: "What do you mean?" He approaches her.