Chapter 8 - Precursors of Chaos

----------------------------------------------------------
Apperton Castle / Level 0
Royal Abode - Father Täjäriiotta's Chambers
-----------------------------------------------------------

Pop. Pop. Pop. Pop
...
Click. Creak.

Two large thuds on the floor as soon as the door closes.

???: "I have brought them Father, as requested."
Father: "Thank you, Yoanitta." 

His voice is unnaturally deep, each of his slow, breathy words vibrate the room.
He sits on a tall throne, embellished in gold and red velvet fabric. Of the many points of interest, there is a statue that darkens the atmosphere and shadily depicts an omnipotent angel behind him, bearing none other than 6 wings, stemming from it's back.

The upper wings fling towards the heavens, reaching for enlightenment and clarity of the soul.
The middle wings spread wide over the Earth, as if accepting whatever fate awaits them.
The lower wings drop towards the ground, reaching for hell with spikes that protrude their feathering beauty.

Two sets of arms.
The normal pair is resting on the side of each thigh, palms facing forth.
The additional pair, branching from the shoulder blades is raised with the palms facing upward.
Although enveloped by the hood of the long robes it's wearing, its face is composed of six eyes surrounding a central seventh.

Dimly lit, the back-wall displays three paintings, each representing distinct individuals from the chest up.

The first painting, on the left, depicts a woman with long hair, blue as the depths of the ocean, some strands highlighted in bright cyan. It resembles tangled vines that have been straightened and adorned with silver butterfly clips, possessing red gems as the bodies. She is wearing a turtleneck shirt a shade lighter than her hair, along with a silver chain above her chest, hanging a fancy butterfly key. The label below it reads "Nagaraggisa Higgurath"

The middle painting depicts a solid looking man, worn-out fedora hat accompanied by a long black coat, collar covering most of his face. A silver-glowing eye is the only feature that permeates the darkness of his outfit, and gently lights the top part of his white beard. The label below reads "Freitthos Culiedro Hallard"

The third and last painting is not visible.

Rising from his throne, Father approaches the subdued individuals.

Father: "Litsium. Hortensio.
...
Rise."

The mentioned shoot up immediately after Yoanitta lifts the restraint on them.

Yoanitta: "They lashed out again. One had to intervene.

Father glances at both, only one of his eyes is visible through the darkness engulfing the rest of his face.

Father:
"Litsium."

The royal jolts at the rumble of his name, quickly entering a defensive demeanor and resuming a straight posture.

Litsium: "T-There is nothing to explain Father!! Nali has made troublesome companions who are tainting him!! And leading him astray!! "

Father:
"To taint, Litsium, is a powerful force."