Chapter 5: Part 4 - Greater Issues

Myra: "I was walking around to see what this place looks like at night."
Myrellie: "By yourself?? Didn't you see the attack that happened earlier?"
Kohen: "She wasn't by herself."

He reveals himself from behind the wall, pulling a stool to sit next to Abigail.

Myrellie: "Kohen.."
Abigail: "HAHAHA!! Your kids are pretty sharp, y'know that sis?"
Myra: "Or maybe you're growing dull. Talking about such sensitive topics out in the open. Do you wanna get killed?"
Abigail: "I knew you were there all along kid. But I like your guts!"

Kohen: "More importantly, what's this about the Royal Families? Are you being controlled?"
Abigail: "... To put it simply, yes.

I'm conditioned.

They've left me responsible to look after the citizens, and the terrorism rising in Anane was bound to hit us at some point. I'm handling it my own way and it's working. They're just pissy they can't order me around.

Myrellie: "But you said that a revolution could never work."
Abigail: "Yeah, I'm on a whim. The only way to do things how I want to is to somewhat meet their demands."

Myra: "Which are?"
Abigail: "Nosy. I'm only gonna tell you cuz you're Stephanie's kids, and because you're directly involved in it already.

They want me to go scavenge Zamaton."

Myra stands up.
"For what!?"

Abigail: "I've only heard rumors about it but, that Colony is growing dangerous."
Myrellie: "Even after the walls came down!?"
Abigail: "Come on sis, we've seen those people with our own eyes. You know they're monsters."

Myra: "Don't fucking call them that! They're trying everything they can to survive! How about giving them a damn chance!?"
Abigail: "What's your deal with this place Myra?" The girl shudders at the mention of her name.

Myra: "There's something I want to know... No. I need to know."
Abigail: "Don't make me wait. Go on."

Myra: "...." She stares at Myrellie for support, but the mom is just as curious as her sister. Kohen seems indifferent about it.

"Zamaton... She left to find it..."

Kohen: "Your mom? What's her business there? Why's this Colony so important all of the sudden?"
Myra: "That's what I want to know too..."
Abigail: "I see.

Luckily for you, our goals align. I need to know what that Colony's about. Since my main team is missing, I can't send the trainees somewhere that dangerous. That's where I hope you could help me."

Myrellie: "You really are in a tough spot.."
Abigail: "No joke." She sips again. "I hate asking others for help... But I can only count on you Stephanie."

Her sister smiles.

"That's the gist of it. I'm gonna try to find out what I can while you guys are gone."

Myrellie: "Stay on the low sis..."
Abigail: "I live here dumbass, I know that!" She chuckles.

Kohen: "I got a question." They focus on him. "I know it's a bit off-topic, but those guards at the door of your office.. What are they?"
Myrellie: "Kohen! This isn't the time for questions like that!!"

Abigail: "It's all good, actually. I love talking about them!
Myra: "Story-time." She lands her elbow on the table, dropping her chin into her palm to attentively listen.

Abigail: "Listen up kid. Those are actually infected Revenants, although with a twist.
During the crisis, we didn't have enough people to fill the necessary roles before Steph showed up with her crew, and I couldn't bring myself to sit idly and take care of paperwork just cuz I'm the Warden. While the snobs sat on their rich asses all day, I went out with the Scouts on several resource hunts, and got to work on building a new contraption.