Chapter 6: Part 3 - Once old, born anew

With the group reunited, Myrellie immediately gets to business. She slams the scribbled page on top of the engraved table and drags it towards the center of the room.

Myrellie: "Okay. Before I say anything. Are there any infected left?"
Kohen: "Nope."
Orton: "Cleared them all"

Myrellie: "Good job. Let's get to this then.

To give you context on the situation, I recognize this symbol from many many years ago. I was told it was here before any of us were even born."
Lily: "Woah... This is older than you too?"

Myrellie: "Far older. It goes even beyond my grand-parents."
Orton: "Beyond your grand-parents!? Isn't that..." He stares at Kohen.

Kohen: "The Old World."

A grin of fascination intrudes Kohen's face, as he pulls one of the rotten metal chairs to sit down, while attentively listening to Myrellie.

Myrellie: "Exactly." She signals them to come closer to check her drawings. "Take this for example. Here's the 'The Old World'. It might be fascinating and all because of everything that made it what it was, but that's exactly the problem. I suspect that this facility and what appears to be studied here, is under the control of a corporation known as 'The Old Order'." She points towards the right side of the page, where she has scribbled 4 symbols. "This symbol right here that looks like a snake tangling around a cross, belongs to their Medical Branch, The Hazardous."

Orton: "Which isn't the same symbol scribbled on that table."
Myrellie:
"Precisely. That one belongs to the Order as a whole. The entire corporation."
Lily:
"Okay but, what does any of this mean? Is this "Old Order" something we should actually be afraid of?"

Myrellie frowns.
"If all we had to do was to be cautious about them, then this would be much easier to deal with. Unfortunately, they're much more than just dangerous Lilith. They're the ones who created this hell-hole we've been living through."

Orton: "Does that mean they're responsible for the outbreak of the virus then?"
Myrellie: "If it wasn't obvious yet, yes. That's what I believe anyways."
Orton: "You're not sure?"
Myrellie: "No. Even I make assumptions sometimes. But they all give me the same impression.
Orton: "But, since the virus is already released, and the damage has been done, why are they still so dangerous?"
Myrellie: "Because they don't stop Orton. It doesn't matter if the world is destroyed, they'll keep doing as they please until every last one of them drops dead. Just like we survive until we can't.

As your guardian, it's my responsibility to look after you and care for your lives. You kids know I don't mess around with things such as this. The Old Order is a problem. And the power they hold over other people... It's simply devilish."

Kohen: "So they're a manipulative bunch."
Myrellie: "They're everything you're afraid of. Manipulative, destructive, careless. You name it.

Although what I'm truly worried about, in case The Old Order is in fact active and involved with this facility, is their special team of killing machines."
Myra: "Which is?"

Myrellie exhales, and points to the symbol at the bottom.
A black skull with two horns and a halo over it. Large wings of fire.

Myrellie: "The Sacred Armada."

Kohen: "Hm. What exactly are they?"
Myrellie: "They're... How do I put this..?" She ponders, under her breath.
"They look like people.. But they're not. They're something fabricated by The Order, that not even high-ranking officials have heard of."
Orton: "How do you know about all of this then?"
Myrellie: "I learned a lot of it from listening to my own parents talking about it, and through exploring Anane along with my family and friends."
Orton: "I assume your parents either stole that information or were involved in the process themselves."

Myrellie: "I'd love to say you're wrong... But I'm not really sure where they got that from. I simply know that because of it, they aren't here anymore.
I doubted any of it was real until I saw it with my own eyes."