Chapter 11 - Blades of Chaos

Kohen and Orton's POV

Surrounded by skilled assassins, two of which tower behind them, Kohen and Orton cautiously trace Amina's steps, as the bloodlust emanates from the masked men. They wish for nothing more than spilling the blood of their enemies... That's what it feels like at least.

Kohen: "Damn you're tall.."
Guard: "Quiet." He slaps Kohen's back, propelling him forward.
Kohen: "Shit dude, no need to get violent! Can't you take a joke?" He smirks.

The boy's eyes land on the woman in front of him.

Her hair reaches her lower back, despite being tied in a messy bun. It has an expanse gradient from blonde roots to black tips, somehow reminding him of Myra if she were to live in Lily's body. Although, that's unimportant.

Kohen: "Where are you taking us exactly?"
Amina: "..."
Kohen: "Hellooooo!!! I know you can hear me!!!" He reluctantly expresses. "Hey!!"

He grabs her shoulder, immediately dodging the right heel that barely missed his chin, sluggishly avoiding the roundhouse kick that followed. She swiftly draws the knife from its sheath to assault the boy, who attempts keeping some distance between himself and Amina's vicious lunges, to the best of his ability. What the heck is this fighting style? Even with such a short weapon, she pulls it back and uses it like a sword, all while acrobatically kicking him, and with such ease too!!
This way, Amina lands attacks through unexpected movements, mainly due to forcing Kohen's attention towards deflecting and avoiding the charged strikes that can instantly take his life.

Just when he thought her strategy figured out, she switches to faking the short blows instead, as to guarantee the charged ones undoubtedly hit. She punches and pushes him in a way that leaves no space to think, effectively dispelling the boy's balance and focus. Through the confusion and fakes, she lands a solid open-hand slap that plunges him to the floor.

She ducks before him, boldly lifting his chin with the tip of the knife, to force her vision upon his.

Amina: "You died 34 times."
Kohen: "You counted? That's bold." He pulls his head away.
Amina: "Pff.." She stands, sliding the weapon in the back of her belt. "Bold is the fact you think you can touch me with no consequences. Don't do that. Ever."
Kohen: "Sure. Not like you ignored me or anything.." He stands as she turns back towards the main path. "So you gonna tell me where you're taking us?"
Amina: "No."
Kohen: "Oh come on! I put up a decent fight!"
Amina: "No. You didn't."
Kohen: "Pff, okay.. bitch..." He murmurs under his breath.

Amina stops.
"Bitch huh?" She quickly turns to close the distance between them.

Guard: "Boss. Do not entertain his remarks-"
Amina: "Shut up." She quickly demands by raising a finger at the guard, keeping eyes locked with Kohen.

She stands in front of him for brief moments. Silently.
Amina: "Maybe if you weren't so much of a pussy, you'd use your real power against your enemies."
Kohen: "Real power? What are you talking about?" He frowns.

Amina: "I'm sure your parents didn't leave you with that fucking curse so you could play Scout and dance kumbaya with your enemies."

He stares at her.
Anger.

Amina: "No way. You actually don't know about curses?? In that case, you're in for a treat!!"

Kohen lunges toward her, as the brief smile on her face now grows. Orton sits on the ground to watch, as he understands there is nothing to gain by involving himself in this situation.
Attack after attack, he misses Amina, who gracefully showers him with retaliating punches.

Amina: "That all you got, cursed boy!?"

Kohen's rage permeates through his grit teeth, and locked frown, as each punch carries a groan with extraordinary force behind it. Their movements are quick, although, it's noticeable how much Kohen's exerting himself compared to the woman.

Amina: "Your throws are strong, but you're the weakest curse bearer I've fought in my life!! Everyone you love is gonna die if you don't take this seriously."
Kohen: "SHUT UP AND FIGHT!!" He catches her with an unexpected tug of the hair, followed by a knee to the chin which she barely dodges, only for him to land the next punch straight to her stomach. His brute strength audibly expels all oxygen from Amina's lungs.

The guards are about to step in, but Amina interrupts them by raising her hand. Cackling.
Amina: "That wasn't too bad. You channeled your anger."
Kohen: "I held back." He scoffs.
Amina: "Never do that, unless you want to die."
Kohen: "What's with you and glazing death? It's getting old already."
Amina: "Come find out." She enters a fighting stance Kohen's never seen before.

His next barrage of attacks sets him on the advantage. Every missed strike feels like he has enough force to shatter blocks of pure cement. His fists whistle everytime Amina dodges them. Although, it isn't enough, as she performs a low sweep kick that flips Kohen upside down, pinning him to the ground.

Amina: "What are you, exactly?"
Kohen: "Kohen Ifrit Alcatraz bitch!!" She reacts. "Yeah! Make sure you fucking remember it!"

Ifrit... She's heard of it before.. What does it mean? Is it actually this guy's name? It makes her gently frown. Releasing Kohen, she adjusts her slightly messy hair.

Amina: "We're gonna meet someone."
Kohen: "Don't think you can just walk away from this-" Knife immediately touching his neck.
Amina: "One. More. Word." She presses harder. "Go on."

Kohen gulps, then smirks.
"Who we meetin'?"

Amina stares into his eyes, softly matching his smirk .
"You're fucking nuts, Kohen."