Chapter 6: Part 6 - Murky waters

-------------------------------------------------
Apperton Colony - Level 3
Entrance and Living Quarters / 12:30
-------------------------------------------------

Abigail, Jarred and Nali rush to the entrance of the Colony. They spot the boys setting their friends down on mattresses brought by the paramedics, one of which simply observes these girls and frowns. She seems different from the others. Is she a doctor?

Myrellie storms up the stairs to see her sister, Nali and the guard approaching through her rooted frown.

So many emotions oozing from every part of her body. Each of them so powerful they can be cut with a knife.

Myrellie: "Let's go to your office." She demands, keeping her march as she slaps the documents on Abigail's chest. No room for debate.
Abigail: "It's that bad huh?"

Myrellie lands her a glance, turning to Kohen and signaling him to follow.
As the boy strides up the stairs, he sees Nali,
causing him to slow down his pace.
Initially furious, judging, nearly condescending, his eyes attempt breaking down his friend's psyche. But the boy is broken enough. Culiedro made sure of it.
The animosity subsides.
Gesturing Nali to follow him seeks to break the awkward tension Jacob has built between them.

------------------------------------------------
Apperton Castle - Warden's Abode
Colony HQ / 12:40

------------------------------------------------

As Nali and Kohen take seats, Myrellie slams the door shut behind them. Abigail walks around the desk after dropping documents on top of it. Palms on the table, powerful exhale.

Abigail: "I didn't see a team outside."
Myrellie: "They're all gone." The sharp tone causes Abigail to raise her head.
Abigail: "Even Guren?"
Myrellie: "Who's that?"
Abigail: "..The captain..." Her sister's gaze is unusually cold. "Stephanie?"

Myrellie: "What. Abigail?" She puffs.
Abigail: "I know this is silly to ask but.. Are you okay?"
Myrellie: "Doesn't matter. I should be asking you that. You're the one who lost people here."
Abigail: "I guess.. But you're my sister. You sure you're okay?"
Myrellie: "I said it doesn't matter."

Abigail: "...." They stare at each other for moments. "Alright... I'll take your word for it..."

She takes hold of the documents.
Upon a quick scan...

Abigail: "The Old Order!? Are you kidding me?" She inquires. "As if things weren't bad enough." Now assuming this is the reason Stephanie is behaving this way.

Myrellie: "It's way worse than we initially thought, and if that wasn't bad enough.." She approaches, flipping further into the pile of documents.
"Here." She pauses on the drawings of the skeletal remains.

Abigail: "Wait a damn minute... This is impossible Stephanie. We haven't seen anything like this ever since-"
Myrellie: "Watch it." She drags her voice, words barely slipping through her grit teeth.

Abigail softly observes Stephanie.
Then sets the papers down.

"Go on. What's the matter?"
Myrellie: "There's no time to waste, The Order might be back Abigail. We need to inform the other Colonies as fast as possible." Abigail steps around the desk, leaning back on it as she crosses both her arms and legs.