Teaming Up

MIDORIYA'S POV

"Uraraka, Iida, can you guys keep your hands to yourself for a little while?" I ask, rolling my eyes. I didn't want to walk into someone else's turf, looking anything but professional.

"Only because you said please." Uraraka laughed lightly as the elevator opened on the 29th floor. Thanks to Shinso, we found out who we were working with. I knew their names, but I didn't know any of them other than Kaminari. I had no idea what they were like, and I didn't want to start on the wrong foot. When the elevator doors slid open, we were greeted by Shinso's boyfriend. 

"Welcome!" He said happily, stepping to the side so we could walk off the elevator. He turned towards Shinso, giving him a quick peck. He took a step back, looking over my team. "Follow me." He smiled. He turned towards a hallway, which led us to what I assume is the main area used by the team. Four other people were sitting around, looking through files.

"Look who's here!" Kaminari yelled, gathering everyone's attention. The first person I noticed was another blond. His red eyes met mine, and my stomach turned. I've worked in the police department for eight years, and I rarely see such an intense gaze as his.

"Thanks for joining us." He said, walking over to us. He looked me up in down, but not in the way I'm used to. I've been told several times that I'm a good-looking guy, and I got used to the stares that accompanied that. However, he wasn't checking me out. He was studying me. "Who's in charge?" He asked. His voice was deep and rough.

"I am." I stepped forward.

"Katsuki Bakugo." He held his hand out. I held my gaze as I shook his hand.

"Izuku Midoriya," I replied. His grip was firm, too firm. I've said four words to him, and I can already tell that he doesn't like me.

"What are your names?" He asked my team behind me, finally releasing the strong grip on my hand. Everyone began introducing themselves until introductions were done.

"Where did you want to start?" I asked.

"We don't have a lot on him." Bakugo groaned.

"That's alright." I shrugged. "We'll share what we do have." I set my briefcase on one of the empty tables and pulled out ten files. I handed one to every person in the room. My people already knew everything in these files, but it would be nice if they could follow along anyway. "Do you guys want to go first?" I asked Bakugo.

"No, go ahead." He replied, opening the file.

"Uraraka, can you start?" I asked her. She frowned and shook her head.

"Pass." I scowled at her and turned to Iida, silently asking him to start the briefing. I glanced around the room as Iida took a step forward. Bakugo's eyes were fixed on me again. He wasn't studying me this time. He had a smirk on his face, and he looked amused as he stared into my eyes.

"Koga Takeo, age fifty-two." He started. "Married to his wife Mie Takeo, age forty-nine. He's a prime suspect in a serial disappearance case we've been investigating for a few weeks. We've got his work schedule down and have been watching him. He was released from prison two and a half years ago after serving a three-year sentence for the rape of a young woman." He took a step back, letting Shinso step forward.

"His schedule is attached on the next page. I track his movements through the city using the cameras, but there are still some grey areas. His family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors have been questioned. Their interviews can be found on the following pages as well." He mumbled, glancing through the papers. Shinso was never one for public speaking, so I'm surprised he said that much.