Our Night Out

MIDORIYA'S POV

"Or, hear me out, we could lay in bed all day, completely naked, and watch whatever true crime show or horror movie you want to watch," I said while pulling him back into the bed.

We had plans to go out today with both our teams, but neither of us really wanted to. We only said yes because we'd been ditching them since we'd been in cold cases. I don't know about his friends, but mine were starting to get pretty pissed at me.

"Or, we can go to the bar, play darts and pool for a little while, then come back here and lay in bed," he countered while standing up again, pulling me with him this time. "Baby, I would love to lay here with you all day, but I'm tired of those idiots blowing up my phone. It's gotten worse since they started hanging out with your friends."

I sighed. My friends have also gotten worse. I didn't hear from Uraraka too much until a couple of weeks ago, but I hear from her plenty now. "How long do you think we have to stay?" I asked in defeat.

"After thirty minutes, just pretend you're drunk and want to go home," he shrugged.

"If I do that, Todoroki will take me home. We're supposed to be keeping us on the down low. I don't want to practically jump into your arms and beg you to take me home instead."

"Then I won't drink. I'll be the other designated DD. I'll drop everyone else off before I drop you off so you can come home with me," he said while reaching for his wrinkled shirt on the bed. "Just remember, don't drink too much because I won't touch you if you do," he warned.

That's fair. I wouldn't have sex with someone who was completely wasted, even if I were married to them. Drunk people can't give consent. "Who's showering first?" I asked while he tossed his clothes into the basket at the foot of the bed.

"Why does one of us have to shower first?" he asked while looking at his phone to check the time. "We have plenty of time for both of us to shower." He smirked before grabbing my wrist and dragging me to his bathroom. Before I could try to protest, his lips were on mine, and his hands were already pulling my boxers to my ankles.

--------------------

"It's so cold outside," Uraraka whined while climbing into Iida's lap for warmth. "When did winter sneak up on us?"

"I wish I knew," I chuckled. It feels like it was just last week that Bakugo and I went to the maple festival and the craft fair. In reality, it's been a few months. Time has been passing differently since we officially started dating. The week feels long, but the weekends fly by so fast that the rest of the week feels short. "Are you guys getting any time off for the holidays?"

Todoroki nodded. "They're doing the same thing as they always have. We're off for Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day, but we're still on call. Are you working?"

I shook my head. "Cold Cases doesn't run from Christmas Eve until the day after New Year's. Aizawa could still stick me back with you, though. I'm not too sure yet."

"Bakugo is coming to work with us for a few days during your time off," Kaminari said. I looked at my boyfriend with a cocked brow, silently asking why he didn't tell me.

He rolled his eyes. "Nothing is set in stone yet. But if I go back and work with my team, you'll probably return to yours."

"I'm genuinely impressed you two haven't killed each other yet," Kirishima smiled nervously. "I thought we were going to have new team leaders before this year ended because you two got yourselves fired."

If only they knew.

"We still have a little over half a year left. Don't get your hopes up just yet," Bakugo scoffed. He was talking like that so he wouldn't give us away. But his eyes were telling another story. They were soft and glossy when they weren't trying to undress me across the table. I felt like the only person in the room when he looked at me like that. I just hope nobody else noticed it.