First Day Back

MIDORIYA'S POV

"Thank you for helping me," I smiled at Bakugo. Thanks to him, it took a little under an hour. "I'll buy you lunch today."

He reached his hands up and wrapped them around my waist. "I'm always happy to help." He placed his lips against mine briefly before stepping away. "I have to get going. Do you have any idea how you're going to handle today?"

I glanced at the massive box of documents that needed to be completed. "I'm going to start with the paperwork. I don't know why we came back here to work on a case together, just to spend so much time catching up on stuff that didn't get done while we were away."

"Is time management on their hidden agenda?" He asked while grabbing his jacket off the back of the chair.

I don't know what's on their hidden agenda. "I guess we'll find out," he slid his jacket on before giving me one more quick peck. "I'll swing by around noon for lunch."

"And if anyone asks, we're talking about the plan for the week." We both agreed that we didn't want anybody to find out what we were up to. Although we won't be breaking any rules since he's technically not employed here, it isn't worth the risk. We both love our jobs and don't want to jeopardize them any more than we already have.

"I'll see you later." With that, he walked out of my office. I pushed the two chairs still sitting against the wall in front of my desk. After that, I grabbed the massive file box and set it on the floor by my office chair. The thing had to weigh at least fifty pounds. How are they so far behind in paperwork already?

I let out a heavy sigh and set my badge and gun on the corner of the desk. I forgot what it was like to have them every day. It's going to be hard to go back to cold cases after this and give it all up again.

I shook the thought from my head and sat down. I opened the box and grabbed a handful of files. If I split them accordingly to who was mainly on the paperwork, hopefully, it can be done and caught up by the end of the day. If not, tomorrow would also be another catch-up day, which I was trying to avoid.

I started four piles—one for each team member. Most of the paperwork was only half-ass filled out. Most of the stuff done by Uraraka was actually almost completed. She skipped the last two sections of every document. It makes me wonder if she's lazy or genuinely doesn't know how to do it. Either way, it will be addressed. Todoroki's were mainly done too, but they weren't done accurately. He messed up in a lot of areas. I know I trained him, but maybe not as much as I needed to.

Iida and Shinso's paperwork was a mess everywhere. I know Shinso always tried to complete his, but he was hardly out on a job with us, so he doesn't know what's going on half of the time. I think it would be a good idea to pull everyone in one by one today and sit down with them. Figure out where they need help.

At 9 AM on the dot, I heard the main office door click open, followed by Todoroki saying, "what the fuck."

I pulled his stack to the center of the desk and shoved everyone else's to the side. "Come here!" I yelled out.

"Midoriya?" He questioned while walking through the main room and to my office. "What happened in here? You're back?" He looked confused and excited at the same time.

"Sit." I pointed at the two chairs across the desk from me. "What happened here is I kicked all of you guys out to where you're supposed to be and took my office back." I never realized how big this room was until it was only my large desk instead of six cubicles. "Also, I'm only back for the week. We're working with Bakugo's team this week, but apparently, we're playing catch-up today since everyone is so far behind."