The Missing Girl, Part Three

Sorry for being a little MIA this past week. I had finals for school and ended up going ghost-hunting with my friends. It was a very stressful week, and I'm glad it's over. Thank you all for your patience!

MIDORIYA'S POV

"She's been seen with this gentleman a lot in the last few months," Kirishima said as he passed a picture around.

I glanced at the picture. This wasn't the same guy that Bakugo had already investigated. "Did anybody start a new investigation on him?"

"Dunce, go," Bakugo ordered, and holy shit, he was hot as hell when he used his 'I'm in charge voice.'

I want him to use that voice on me soon.

Kaminari took a step forward. "Fred Greko, 35. He lives on the south side of town in Lysin Gated Community. He's been married for ten years and had four sons. He had a daughter who went missing a couple of years ago."

"Do you know anything about how she went missing?" Uraraka asked. If Fred was seen with a girl that we suspect of being trafficked, there is a possibility that he knows what happened to his daughter. Nobody wants to think like that, but it's the truth.

"The report said she was snatched from her yard in the north part of the city. A month later, he was able to buy a huge home in a gated community," Kaminari frowned. It's not looking too good for his daughter.

"What does he do for work?" Uraraka asked.

"Nothing. He is a stay-at-home dad, and his wife works part-time at the library," Kaminari replied.

"Alright, where do you want to start?" Bakugo asked me.

"Do you guys know what his usual schedule looks like?" I asked in reply. If they already knew, it would be easy to have him followed so someone else could question the neighbors in their old neighborhood. We don't want to go to where they live now. Someone will tell him or his family that we were around asking about him. It's always better to lay low until it's no longer an option."

"Right now, he should be getting ready to take his two younger boys to their Boy Scouts meeting," Ashido informed.

"Has she been seen with anybody else?" Iida asked.

"Not recently that we've been able to find."

"Alright, Sero, Kaminari, get your sights on Fred and keep them there. Everywhere he goes, you go. Kirishima, and Ashido, I want you guys to start pulling Fred's credit card statements. Find out what he's spending on and where he got enough money to buy a new house as a stay-at-home dad."

Bakugo then turned to me. I only came back to my team yesterday. I don't know if they will go off on their own or if they'll actually listen to me. I told them all that things were going to change. I just hope they work with me and don't make me look like an idiot again.

"Shinso, Iida, go to the bar in the photo. Ask around about Fred, the girl, and anyone else he comes in with. Keep your eye out for suspicious behavior. Todoroki and Uraraka find out who worked the case for the disappearance of Fred's daughter. Find them and get your hands on the actual police report. Make sure you talk to the officer and get as much information about the situation as possible."

To my surprise, they all nodded. Uraraka's face twitched in irritation, but she didn't fight me.

"And you and I?" Bakugo asked me with a smirk.

"We're going to go canvas the neighborhood he used to live in. See what his old neighbors thought about him and his family."

I was indifferent about putting us together. If anything were to go wrong, I don't know if my mind would be in the right spot. However, canvasing an old neighborhood isn't terribly dangerous.