Ice cream flavors

Y/n pov:

I giggled while he stifled a laugh as we watched a child run past us only to trip.
It looked so weird it was impossible for us to keep a straight face.

Kuni took notice of the ice cream the kid had dropped on the ground.
"Hey, want to go get some ice cream as well? It is a pretty warm day." He asked.

"Sure!" I exclaimed happily at the question.

He took my hand with a smile and lead me towards the ice cream booth.

-

"What do you mean you have never had ice cream before?!"

Kunikuzushi stood with a very shocked face, his mouth was formed as an O-shape and I couldn't help laughing a little at his shock.

He had already picked out the vanilla ice cream, and when he asked which flavor I wanted I simply answered with, 'recommend me one, I have never tasted ice cream before.'

"It is that strange??" I chuckled a little nervously, sweat dropping.

He sweat dropped as well. "I just did not expect it. You have been nothing but cheery around me, so it was a shock." He answered.

My mother died giving birth to me, her husband never cared to pay me attention or even give me a penny, and the three sons of a bitch didn't care either. So I've always earned money on my own.
Of course I wouldn't waste such precious money on something as simply as ice cream.

Kunikuzushi seemed to notice me in my thinking state, I didn't look sad but certainly not that cheery.

He put a hand in my shoulder.
Then he turned to the man who was selling and ordered a cone with 3 different scoops of flavor.

We went to sit on a bench and he handed me the multicolored ice cream.
Chocolate, strawberry, mint. Those were the flavors.

"Take one bite of each, and we will order a new one of the one you liked the most." He said and then started eating his own.

My heart quickened a bit and I felt warm.
No one had ever done something like that for me.

I was very happy. So why did I feel something very cold and a little heavy in my eyes?

I turned to look at Kuni again.
"Thank you."
By the time he turned to look back, I was already tasting the different flavors, but I could feel him smiling next to me.

-

We walked together again, it seemed like the only thing we've been doing, but I didn't complain.
Walking in Teyvat made me so happy.
Well except for one situation when it only made me scared...

I grabbed the hem of his sleeve. "Hey, stop, do not walk that way." I said.
He came to his mind again and looked forwards and where he was about to walk.

It was simply a couple of treasure hoarders who were messing with another couple of merchants.
If I had been sitting behind my phone at this moment i I would have ran in there and took them all down.
But this was a totally different situation.

I was vulnerable, I had no vision and no weapon. I didn't want to get into trouble.

Kunikuzushi looked towards them as well with a small glare on his face.
I made sure to hold him back, when he looked back at me I glared at him as well.
"No offense Kuni, but I hardly think there is anything you can do to help them."