Best night

It was dark outside. The sky was lit up by stars and the streets by lanterns.
People who would usually roam the streets like ants, were all sleeping now.

A few vendors stood outside to sell their stuff. As well as a few night areas.

Y/n pov:

I had scattered birds around the city, just in case. Call it paranoid, I call it prepared.

I peeked my head outside the door of the sanctuary, checking if anyone were up here. When no one was in sight, I reached my hand behind me, grabbing Kunikuzushi's wrist.

With a firm grip around his wrist I slowly opened the door and brought him outside.

I turned to look at him, and I was met with a deep smirk planted on his face. "What?" I asked.
"Never thought I'd see you like this. Breaking the rules, you almost look like you've done something criminal." He said with a small chuckle.

I cleared my throat. "Well, technically it was never a rule. Nahida just gave bad instructions..." I explained.

"She's not the boss of you. You do whatever you see fit, it's what you've always done. So don't stop with that now." He said. I looked a slight look into his eyes that were being lit up by the moonlight.

I didn't have words to speak as I looked at him. The prettiest man I've ever seen. The only words in my mind.

He looked up at the sky and closed his eyes for a few seconds. He let the air hit his skin for a moment before he opened his eyes again. The whole time I was just looking at him, feeling a warm feeling in my chest.

Butterflies were going wild inside me. Then he smiled at me. The grip I had on his wrist loosened and he removed his wrist from my hand. Instead he let his hand snake down to mine, holding my hand gently.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" He said simply.

I smiled back. "Yes. It is."

-

Our hands were entangled. I stepped carefully down the path to the city. I could feel his mischievous smile behind me.

"Quit it, I can feel your smile." I said with a small heat in my face. I heard him clear his throat, probably to remove whatever smirk he had.

I stepped onto the main street, with Kuni alongside me. "Try not to catch anyone's attention." I told him. It wouldn't be easy to loose one's attention, especially for him. His Inazuman clothing was eye catching, along with his hat. And honestly, he was beautiful.

We simply walked for a few seconds, trying to figure out what to do now. His eyes were scanning the area, after all, he hadn't really seen Sumeru city properly.

My mind fluttered back to the past. How the two of us would plan how we would live alone in Sumeru, just the two of us. Because we didn't like other people in general. And here we were, definitely not what we had in mind.

"How long have you been in Sumeru?" He asked, breaking the comforting silence.
"A few months." I answered simply.
His eyes turned to my face. "Were you alone?" He asked again.

I turned my face away from his sight. I didn't want him to possibly be able to dig into my emotions and find that hint of loneliness I've been trying to hide.