Everlasting lord of Arcane Wisdom

Y/n pov:

Nahida and I have been working on something to help Aether when we have to fight Scaramouche.

I hate the fact that I know there will be a big battle against him soon. I don't know how I'll fight, but I know I will.

While we waited for Aether and Paimon to return, Nahida spoke.

"The boy you were in love with... it's him isn't it?" Nahida asked, obviously referring to Scaramouche.

I stayed silent for a while. "It is... however they're so different... I just... wish that he would at least be some sort of mix between Scaramouche and my Kunikuzushi." I said and sat down on the stairs.

She looked at me sadly. "If you don't want to fight-" she started however I cut her off. "I will. Don't worry Nahida, I want to fight him."

Perhaps it was because I wanted to show him I didn't fear him like he assumed that day we met at the delusion factory.
Or perhaps I wanted to stand up to him, to show him this wasn't what I wanted. Although he probably wouldn't care for my opinion.

The door of the sanctuary opened and Aether walked inside.

We greeted each other and Nahida introduced our creation.
"This is a small device Y/n and I put together just now. Think of it as an upgraded Akasha terminal.  It should be helpful in certain situations." Nahida said.

This 'certain situation' was obviously the upcoming battle.

For a moment, Paimon started weeping as she thought the creation looked too similar to her, fearing it could replace her. Nahida had to comfort her.

"By the way there's something I have to confess... even if I'm an archon... I'm not good at fighting." Nahida spoke carefully. It was obvious she wouldn't be a professional in fighting. And I didn't mind at all.

I had a feeling me and Aether could fight well by each others side.

"If we get into a situation where combat is our only option... I will have to count on you two..." she said.

"Fighting is my forté, don't worry." Aether reassured her and I nodded in agreement.

"So the god of wisdom isn't good at fighting? That actually sounds about right." Paimon concluded, almost making me snort.

"Me and Y/n have located where the false god is. Time is of the essence, so let's skip to it." Nahida said.

We agreed and walked to a door on the other side of the Sanctuary.

And then, we entered the new domain.

-

"What is this place? Woah, who woulda thought there'd be a place like this hidden right slap bang in the middle of the city!" Paimon exclaimed as soon as we had entered.

The air was ominous and the room reminded me of the delusion factory. He's surely around here...

Nahida and Aether discussed for a few minutes while I took a look around our surroundings, trying to figure out our path forward.