Finally awake

3rd pov:

It was silent between the two guys for a few moments.

Scaramouche turned towards Aether again. "So... you've seen my affection towards her then? But trust me, you know nothing about our connection." He said, his voice a little more threatening than earlier.

"Me and Y/n have years of history that you would never understand. She knows my past, and somewhat my current self." Scaramouche started.

Aether looked at him, wondering what their could possibly past be.

Scaramouche kept speaking, "She... is the only one I want to be my first follower." He said.
Aether narrowed his eyes at him.
Did The Balladeer not know Y/n was some sort of demigod herself?

"All gods need followers. And so I chose Y/n. It's as simple as that." Scaramouche said, leaving out a few details.

However Aether seemed to catch on to what was going on. He just didn't know the extent of it yet.

"You actually care for her?" Aether asked him.

Scaramouche snapped. "Do not use words like that." He said immediately.
"Care? That word... is too small." He spoke simply.
He then teleported next to Y/n again and leaned down to her.

He used his hand and caressed her face gently. Aether couldn't believe his eyes, somewhat, he could almost see past The Balladeer's scary action and see... a person.

Scaramouche sighed. "If you're worried she's going to get hurt in my presence, do not worry, she'll be safe with me, safer than she would be with any of you others..." he said and stood up again.

Aether spoke then, deciding to tug on his strings.
"If you really care for her as much as you're saying you do, as well as saying she's safe with you, you should start protecting her from harm." Aether said.

Scaramouche's eyes narrowed as he glared at Aether.
"Who wants to hurt my Y/n?..." he asked, danger in his voice.

Aether answered him without hesitation. "It seems The Doctor tried to take her away."

Scaramouche then felt anger as he recalled how Dottore had locked Y/n up in a laboratory as well. He didn't know what Dottore wanted with Y/n, but he wouldn't allow it to happen.

"The Doctor wants to hurt my first follower?" Scaramouche asked.

Aether spoke back, "Doesn't that make you mad?"

Scaramouche laughed. "If you're planning to anger me into destroying The Doctor, you're bad at it. Trust me, I won't allow him to get his hands on her." Not again, Scaramouche thought.

Scaramouche then teleported away and on top a roof pillar, staring down at Aether.
"That look on your face... what are you planning?" Aether asked.

Scaramouche smirked. "Gods have never needed to be reasonable." He said and reached out his hand.
Lightning started to flicker and hit down on the ground, and with a flash, The Balladeer was gone.

The colors that disappeared around Aether soon returned and Paimon was freaking out, "It was the Balladeer wasn't it?!"

Aether spoke, "Somehow The Balladeer has gotten his hands on The Electro Gnosis..." he said as he looked at the thunder outside.