Travelling

3rd pov:
Many centuries ago; "That day".

Kunikuzushi walked around the forest after looking for her for the whole night. She was nowhere to be found.

He started walking up the hill, towards the cliff side.
However before he could react, someone spoke.

"Looking for anything?" The deep voice asked.

Kuni stopped and turned towards the voice.
A man who covered his face with a mask stood between the trees, looking at him. He had ice blue hair with a big white coat.

"Yes. I am. A girl, she's around this tall, her hair is-" Kunikuzushi started to describe her, however he was cut off.

"The one with (h/l)(h/c) hair? And (e/c) eyes?" The man asked. Kuni's eyes widened, the man had described her precisely.

"Yes, do you know where she is?" Kunikuzushi asked him. He had hope again, that she was around. However, that hope disappeared with the man's next words.
"I saw her leave Inazuma on a ship a few hours ago." He said.

Kuni's eyes widened and he felt something inside him ache. But it couldn't have been a heart, right? Again, it felt as if his chest had been cut open.

What had he expected? That someone would actually stick around?

He believed the man's words, after all, he didn't deny the fact that he always thought Y/n would leave him sooner or later. He just hoped it would be later.

Unknown to Kunikuzushi... the man's words were only to deceive him.
Unknown to Kunikuzushi... the man had already cleaned away the corpses who's blood stained the cliffs a few hours ago.
Unknown to Kunikuzushi... Y/n never left him.

-

Y/n pov:
Back to the present

I didn't have many items to pack. I had one bag I could simply have over my shoulder, with only the most necessary things to bring. The rest I could get from merchants or shops on the way.

I walked out of my tent, bag around my shoulder, ready to travel quite far.

When I stepped out, I could see Aether, Gorou and Miss Sangonomiya standing outside, waiting for me.

"It seems you're ready to leave then. Once again, I cannot thank you enough for your help." Kokomi said and thanked me again.

"It was nothing." I said honestly.
I would have ditched you all if it meant I could get back with Kuni, you're lucky he's a different person now.

"Here, this is from us, as a thank you." She said, Gorou came into view and handed me a bag of mora.
It wasn't that much, just enough to fit in my palm.

"Thank you." I said and took it, placing it in my bag.

Aether looked at me and I looked at him.
"I have a feeling we'll meet again Aether, until then, see you soon." I said. This wasn't goodbye of course, I knew there was a lot more going to happen for us. Adventures, and friendship.

"Of course, one day I might go to Sumeru as well. I'll see you then Y/n." Aether said and gave a nod.

I heard Paimon sniffing. She came forth. "Y/n... don't leave us..." she called.
"We'll meet again Paimon." I said.