Blood and tears

3rd pov:

Y/n tried to move to the best of her abilities, but her body was completely stiff.

Tears ran down her cheeks as the voice in her head wouldn't stop.

"The goddess's husband was grieving. After his wife was killed by his daughter. How could he ever love the girl who ate her mothers life?"

Tears continued to run down Y/n's eyes as the voice just wouldn't stop pestering her about it.

"The girl was told multiple times; You are the daughter who feasted on your mothers life."

"Stop it..." She cried as she laid motionless.

"-The daughter who ate her mothers life."

"I didn't mean to!" She yelled, trying her best to make the voice stop.

"The goddess of reincarnation gifted her children upon their birth."

Y/n's breath hitched. She finally stopped crying.

"As the two worlds each were a part of the goddess's life, the children were gifted with a second chance, not more, not less."

A second chance?

"She... gave us a second chance at life?..." Y/n asked.

"Due to the earth not being the goddess's true world, the children were born as mortal as she. However, if the children were to die they would have a second chance at life in the goddess's first world, as immortals."

Gears clicked in Y/n's head as she finally understood everything. Everything that had happened. Why she wasn't aging. Why she was reincarnated in the first place.

"After dying twice, there would be no third chance at life. If a child were to end up half alive and half dead in both worlds, there will be torment for them both. Because both cannot live at the same time."

I already know that...
I have to kill her.
As soon as I get back to that stupid-

"Y/n!"

-

Y/n pov:

I jolted awake, as I had the feeling of falling, but I was on my bed.
Kunikuzushi sat next to me, holding my shoulders, looking worried.

"What-" I started, but stopped as soon as I heard how shaky my voice was.
My hand raised to my face and I felt tears on my cheeks.

"What happened?" Kuni asked me, wiping my cheeks with his thumbs.

"I- Uh... a bad dream..." I said.
"What's the time?" I asked again.

"Around midnight. You should go to sleep again."
Kunikuzushi answered. He didn't seem like he wanted to leave.

"Could you stay?" I asked him hesitantly. "Just until I've fallen asleep, it shouldn't take long..." I said, hoping he would stay.
I was a little scared to sleep again, I felt like if I did, I would go back to that place and hear unpleasant things.