Familiarity

Y/n:

I stood inside a building, on something that looked like a second floor, looking out a window.

Outside, I saw the familiar neighborhood I hoped to never see again.
It was dark and the rain thundered against the window, threatening to break through it.
Still, I had a clear view of the commotion outside.

Red and blue lights flashed on the buildings as loud sirens echoed through the whole area.

A man in his 70's was crying. He leaned down on the ground next to the body he had just hit with his car.
His cries were so painful, you would almost feel more bad for him than he girl he had hit.

I leaned my head on the window, resting it as I saw the scene for probably the 10th time this month.

The same dream, almost every single night.
I don't know why.

I finally saw the ambulance and the cops stop next to the two.

A man checked the girls pulse. After about 20 seconds he shouted. "She's breathing!"

Many people helped carry her into the ambulance.
The old man was begging for the police to understand it was all an accident.

I sighed. The cars drew away after a while.
I still stood in the window. As the rain cleared I finally saw my reflection.

My hair was just as long as I hated it. It was uncut and filthy. I missed the hair I had in Teyvat. It was perfect. My skin was dry, I had bags under my eyes and my lips were chapped.

The clothes I wore were the same ones I had the day I died. The sweat pants that were too big for me, the hoodie I never bothered to change out of.

And the blood. The blood covering my stomach, my face, basically my whole body. I looked like a walking corpse.
Well I guess, in this world I was.

After a moment a light flashed. And then I heard a heart monitor.

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

God I hated that sound. The girls body in the hospital bed next to me was unconsciously fighting for her life, not knowing she had a much better one after she died.

"Just die already." I muttered to her, as if she would hear me.

Due to her still being alive. These dreams kept appearing. Every month. These past years.

Sometimes I dream about the abuse my father put me through...

The glass bottle hit the girl in the shoulder as she ran upstairs in fear.
The man ran after her.
"Get back here!" He yelled. Drunk and angry.
She hid inside her small room. Locking the door, but still placing a chair in front of it.
After a few seconds, he started banging on the door, threatening to break it down.
He yelled.
The girl slid down on the wall, crying in fear of what would happen if he managed to break through.
Though, 20 minutes later. He left her alone, and went back downstairs.

Other times I would dream about the bullying the three sons of a bitch put me through.

The girl sat at her school desk, just writing a few notes for the upcoming exam.
Then cold water landed on her head, sliding down her back and her face. She froze as she heard everyone around her laugh.
The notes she had worked on were drenched in water and the ink ruined the writing.
The girl looked up with her blank eyes. The first son of a bitch grabbed her hair and tugged her out of her chair.
People laughed as he pushed her to the ground.
The second son of a bitch held a flower pot, and then he dumped it over her.
The dirt ruined her white school shirt and got into her shoes. She held back her tears.