Failed

People would see the frozen water and simply think it was strange, no one really investigated it. Thinking it was a cryo flower that simply has grown underwater and frozen it's surroundings.
But then again, almost no one knew about that area.

No one knew about the person floating underneath the ice.

3rd pov:

Y/n laid under the ice. The ice around her body had melted long ago, but the ice inside her intestines was still there, making sure she wouldn't die by drowning.
She would have floated to the surface if the thick layer of ice hadn't stopped her.

Then, her fingers twitched. As well as the muscles in her face.

The ice which covered her intestines slowly started to fade as the girl has finally woken up.

Y/n pov:

My eyelids were heavy. It was tough opening them. I felt my body feeling cold.

Then my eyes snapped open and I could move every muscle in my body again.

My mouth shut close as I was about to scream, but stopped when I realized that it could get me killed.

Missing the feeling of breathing, I started to panic.

A thick layer of ice was between me and the surface. It was terrifying. The ice spread too far, and I wouldn't be able to make it.

I curled my hands into fist and started banging on the ice, hoping that someone was there. Hopefully Kunikuzushi.
Help me Kuni...

My cryo vision was next to me. As I looked at it, the only thing I wanted was for it to dissolve.

Then, on the other side of the ice, I saw three figures. One was tall, another was slightly shorter and the third one was tiny as well as floating.
They seem recognizable...
I crossed my fingers that one of them would be Kunikuzushi.

Help me please...
I'm going to drown...

The two smallest figures backed away as the tallest one ran onto the ice. Relief ran through my body as I could see their glowing pyro vision through the ice.

A big flash of fire blinded my vision for a few seconds. I heard the ice shattering around me.
Then, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me up.

My eyes were closed as I took deep breaths.
I felt a pair of arms lift me up and carry me out of the water. I couldn't stop thinking about the good feeling of breathing.

"What do you think happened to her?!" A high pitched voice spoke. I recognize that voice.

The man who carried me spoke, "I don't know, I've only heard about that area being covered with ice for centuries."
What did he say? Centuries?

"I never had any idea of there being a living person there." He said again. I recognized his voice as well.

There's no way...

My eyes opened and I looked to see the people who saved me. And exactly like I feared... there stood Aether and Paimon. My eyes wandered to who was carrying me, and it was Thoma. They were all from the game. The current story line.