Lies

Kunikuzushi pov:

If I was the perfect man, I would've let her go. Leave her alone before I tainted her more with my darkness. But I wasn't that man. I was far from perfect.

I was a fucked up man with a fucked up story and she was the only thing that kept me from going insane every second.

Every time I saw her with another man, I wanted to kill him. She said she didn't hate me for thinking that way... but I was scared nonetheless that she would fear me again.

I'd lied and manipulated my way into her life again, even after she tried to leave me and had obviously told me she wanted nothing to do with me.

One side of me wanted to keep her inside her cottage and never let her step outside. Another side wanted me to get my shit together and give her all the space she needed, let her have months for herself even.

But both sides agreed on one thing. She was mine.

When I thought about how she might've had other lovers before. It took everything in me not to demand the name of every single one of them, along with where they lived.

I might've not been her first lover, but I'd damn well be her last.

I tried, I really tried to let this part of me leave. After I felt this way when we lived together in Inazuma, I knew I was far too gone. I'd seen the scared looks she gave me whenever I let that side even peek out.

I was in love and it was twisted as shit.

When I thought she would die of sickness back then, I thought I would die with her. The thought of living without her sent me over the edge of insanity.

I was madly in love. Though love wasn't enough of a word to describe what I felt.
What I felt was unhealthy.

It felt like she was standing at a door, inviting me in, a monster, a killer... even though she had a key to lock me out.

I wanted to change, I wanted to become someone new. So I pretended my memory was gone after I had regained it. I wanted to have a valid reason for us to leave behind our past. For her not to see the fucked up thing I was, I hoped she could once again see the Kunikuzushi she met all those years ago.

I wanted to warn her, tell her to escape somewhere I couldn't find her. Tell her to run before I'd changed my mind. But if I did warn her, it would be too similar as to letting her go. And I couldn't do that.

I was so fucked up. And she could tell. I knew she could. Yet she still stayed with me through everything.

And she hadn't kicked me out of her house yet. I guess that's a good sign.

. . .

I stood in the doorway, the door still open. I was ready to leave the moment she pointed me out. Y/n stood in the kitchen, her back turned to me. Yin and Yang were laying by her feet. They certainly felt her anger. Even I could feel it.

They were baring their fangs at me.

"How long have you remembered?" Y/n asked, breaking the silence.

Shit.

I could tell she was sensing my answer. Even though I hadn't said anything yet.

"I regained them the day after my reincarnation."

I could hear her breath stagger. My answer must've been worse than she thought.

"All these months. This whole time..." she mumbled.

"Yes."

"You've remembered everything the whole time." She spoke.

"I have."