Two.

"So, are you ready for your first day?" Sky asked Alana through the phone that was placed on Alana's nightstand.

"I guess." She replied hesitantly. "I mean, yes. I should be." Alana said as she pulled the off-white turtleneck down her torso, pulled her hair out of the collar, then tucked the turtleneck into her beige pants.

She stood facing the wall-length mirror, adjusting her attire before she leaves for her first day at work. The scene around her was still far from being oriented. Her studio apartment was a small one that fits only her. The space had only her medium size bed, a desk, a couch and coffee table, a foldable closet, a kitchenette, and a closed bathroom.

Since she didn't unpack all of her luggage, some boxes were still resting on the floor here and there, along with the carrier that was open with clothes piling on top of it.

"I know you will do great. You always did." Sky encouraged her.

"I hope so." Alana said then she inhaled loudly, trying to calm down herself. "I have to go now, Sky. Wish me luck."

"Alright. Good luck. Lix is cheering for you here."

"Love you both. Bye." Alana said as she reached out for the phone and ended the call.

Alana tucked the phone into her pocket before she ruffles her hair and pulls it in a high ponytail. She adjusted her collar up, making sure it hid all of her mark, ignoring the tingling that she was feeling at it again. Giving her reflection one more look, she pulled her bag, and coat and headed to the door to leave for work.

The walk to where she worked wasn't that long. Actually, Alana could get her residence right across from her work. That would spare her time and make her not obligated to stay for extra hours there. She was only one call away.

Inhaling one more time, Alana stepped into the hospital's hall. She walked up to the information desk where a polite lady was sitting behind. "Excuse me!" Alana called.

"One second, please." The woman said without even looking at Alana. The next thing she did was pulling the phone to her ear. "Minah, kindly inform Dr. Park that he's requested at the emergency room." The woman listened to what the other side, Minah, was saying. "This patient can't wait for twenty minutes. Can't his assistant finish the surgery for him, so he would be able to get here?" She listened to Minah's reply again. "Fine. I'll wait for your response." The woman ended the call and lifted her head to look at the still-waiting Alana. "Hi." She said smiling at her.

"H-Hi." Alana waved awkwardly. "How do I get to the Interns' Affairs Department?"

"Oh!" The woman's face lightened up. "You are one of the new interns?" She asked, earning a nod from Alana. "Finally! We've been waiting for the new patch. As you see, we are running out of assistance." The woman shrugged sighing. "Your destination should be the second floor to the left. You can take the elevator over there." She pointed at the metal door in sight.

"Thank you!" Alana smiled at her before she turns to walk to the elevator.

"Welcome on board!" The woman cheered from behind, making Alana turn to smile at her one more time.

Arriving at her destination, Alana stood facing a young HR member who was looking for her name through the system on his office computer.

"Hmm." The boy hummed. "Huh! Here. Mun Alana." He lifted his head to look at her with a scrunched face. "You are a foreigner?" He asked.

"Only half."

"I see." He lowered his eyes to his computer again. "As you already know, you'll be assigned to a different department for each round till you finish your internship year. Your first round will be at.. umm. Let me see. Ah! Here you are. You will be at the-" The boy's face dropped once his eyes fell on the three letters of 'DOH'. He then looked at Alana with concern. "You are going to start with the toughest yet the most boring one."

Alana's shoulders dropped. She already knew what department he was talking about. The one that all interns, residents, and even seniors and professors were avoiding. She knew that she had to be there sooner or later. The thing is, she never knew what doctors do with patients in this department. They were just as the HR boy said, the toughest yet the most boring.

"Here." The boy said handing her an ID. "That's your temporary pass. You'll have another in two weeks with your name and ID photo. Now, go to the sixth floor and ask for Nurse Miyoung. She's the one who would show you around and hand you whatever you need."

Alana received the ID from him and thanked him with a smile and a little bow before she turns her heels and walks out.

She stood in the long corridor sighing heavily. It sounded like her first day wasn't going as she expected. Oh! Not only her first day but all of her first round as an intern doctor was going south.

The sixth floor, the quietest one. The one where you would never hear a crying patient or rushing doctors and nurses. The one where life was going in slow motion. The one where the time stopped flowing, just as it was for those who were occupying it.

The sixth floor, where the Department of Hibernation was.