Seven.

The storm raging outside didn't calm down, and Alana's heart didn't settle. The rain kept pouring for the whole day followed by night, preventing Alana from getting home. It's not like she wanted to go home, but she felt like she was trapped.

Alana kept singing and singing to herself and her patient. She was sure that he reacted earlier, which was a good sign. She concluded that her patient, too, wasn't fond of rain and gloomy weather, since he reacted like that for the first time when someone comforted him during rain.

He didn't talk, move a muscle, flutter eyelashes, or anything, but sighed. It was a very little sign, the minimum to consider but still, it was a green light to Alana. He could feel some of his surroundings, she thought. He was still somehow connected to his body.

As the night laid its curtains, Alana realized that she kept herself busy with the rain and singing, that she forgot about the files. So, once she was assured he was stable, she let go of him, pulled the window's thick curtains to shield the disturbing downpour outside, and then sat down in her armchair to resume reading the files under the faint light of the bedside lamp.

Alana was studying the papers in her hand while humming a melody to herself. The stack of papers was going down as time was passing by. Alana dropped the file she was reading to her lap. She stretched her body while groaning loudly.

"Ugh!" She grunted. "My body is so stiff-" Alana dropped her head back down and squeezed her eyes shut as she cracked her neck right and left. "-and dehydrated." She lifted her head and checked the watch which made her let out a small gasp. "Wow! It's almost midnight! I've been sitting here for more than twelve hours. I don't know how others get bored here when my time flies by that quickly." She stood up and started cracking and stretching her numb muscles and joints. "Or-" She squinted her eyes at the Lost Prince. "-is it just your charm, Your Highness, that keeps me occupied and lets my time flows differently?" She questioned playfully.

Alana knew that she would never get an answer, but she wanted to believe. She wanted to believe that he could hear her and feel her presence around him. She wanted to believe he could join a conversation and be involved in talks like those she would start with him.

"Whatever, Mr. Prince." She said pulling her purse from her bag. "I'm going to get coffee and some water. I would've invited you for a cup of coffee, but it's not good for your health. And for the water-" She paused to eye his IV solution. "-looks like you have plenty." She smiled at him. "I'll be back soon."

Alana left the room and headed to the vending machine at the other corner of the hallway. Passing by the nurses' station, she nodded smilingly at them. After getting her coffee and water, Alana headed back to her patient's room, only to be stopped by her name being called.

"Dr. Mun!" One of the nurses called.

"Yes."

"I guess Dr. Kim will be here soon. Nurse Miyoung asked me to inform you if he comes."

"He will?" Alana scrunched her face. He's never been there since Alana started working, and now he was going to show up in the middle of the storm? That was odd.

"Yes, he was requested." The young nurse said sighing heavily. "I guess we'll be having a new guest. I just received a call from the ER. They have a case down there that they suspect is hibernation. The patient has no signs of internal or external injuries. They are running more tests right now but I think he'll be sent here later."

Alana felt the heaviness in the nurse's words weigh her own shoulders. Another one. Another one that was going to have his time stopped and fall into a deep sleep with no date of waking up. Another one would be left behind in one of those cold rooms to be monitored and examined by doctors who were looking for some cure for those sleeping ones.

"Thanks for informing me." Alana said shortly before she smiles at the nurse and head back to her patient's room.

Just before Alana could twist the door's handle, she glimpsed a figure moving by her right. Shoving her head to her right quickly, she found that the rest of the corridor was empty as it always was. Her patient's room was the last room in that corridor but there was a turn to the left a few meters away from the room that would lead to the staircase to the rooftop. A few meters to the right, there was a door to a terrace.

Shrugging it off, Alana opened the door and walked into the room.

"Guess I'm finally meeting your previous doctor." Alana talked once she sat down in the armchair. "I have tons of questions for him and I-" Alana's words were cut by the loud echoing thunderclap that broke the sky, making the poor girl jolt and drop her coffee to the floor.

The hot coffee burning her or staining her white coat was the least she could care about. Her position or how she jerked towards the bed was not of her concerns. The storm was.

It wasn't just rain or even a mild storm.

It was a thunderstorm.

Her worst nightmare.

But it wasn't only hers.