Twenty Eight.

Alana's phone kept buzzing somewhere in the backseat, making her pull over her car to grab it. Once she retrieved the phone, she answered it and put it on the loudspeaker to resume her driving.

"Alana? Where are you?" Minho's worried voice echoed inside the car. "Hey, what's that sound? Are you crying?"

"M-Minho!" Alana gasped between her sobs. She was crying heavily that she couldn't see properly from how her tears blurred her vision. "Minho, I fucked up." She choked.

"Where the hell are you?" Minho's worried voice got even higher. "Are you outside? Please tell me that you are sheltered."

"I-I'm on th-e road."

"Damn!" He cursed under his breath. "Where are you going?"

"I-I.." She paused to gulp down. Alana wiped her tears with the back of her hand to clear her vision. The weather outside the car wasn't helping at all. "I was going back to Busan but I rerouted. I'm heading to the hospital. I fucked up, Minho. I threw my anger at him. I told him I was leaving for good. I was leavin-" Alana's words were cut off by the loud thunderclap that echoed, making the poor girl scream.

"The hell that's not the right time." Minho yelled. "Alana, listen to me. Something wrong is going on. The sky is going crazy and it's not only where you are. It's happening here in Japan, too. This storm is nothing like any other since that day."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I don't know. Something big is happening again. I don't know what it would bring this time. Where are you now, anyway?"

"I-I'm less than thirty minutes away from the hospital."

"Stop where you are. Don't leave the car and try to cover the windows from the inside with clothes or whatever you have with you. Stay sheltered at all costs." Minho instructed her.

"What? No! I have to go back." Alana gasped again. This time she was trying to suppress the pain she was feeling in her chest. Her heart was almost being squeezed by her ribs. "He's in pain. I can feel it. Oh God! What if something wrong happened to him again? I shouldn't have left his side." Alana was rambling.

"Snap the hell out! I told you to stop where you are! You are going to hurt yourself before you make it to him."

"It's my fault. It's all my fault." She was panicking while crying. Alana's whole body was actually on fire, not only her mark. She was suffocating, hurting, barely breathing but she couldn't care less. She wanted to be with him. No, she needed to be with him. Suddenly, Alana's car started to slow down. No matter how hard she stepped on the accelerator underneath her foot, the car didn't speed up and continued to slow down until it stopped completely. "No no no no!" She panicked even more and tried to start the engine again but with no luck. "FUCK!" She yelled.

"What happened?" Minho questioned.

"The car stopped."

"Alana, stay inside. Please. Don't do something stupid. Stay put till this storm calms down."

"I can't!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. "I can't, Minho. There's something wrong with him. He's wincing painfully. I hear it inside my head. I can't."

"Alana, please." Minho pleaded.

"No!"

With that, Alana cut the line and switched off her phone. She ignored all of his warnings. She ignored the pain in her body. She ignored her fear of storms. All she could think about was him. She knew she would be okay once she reaches where he was sleeping. All the pain, panicking, fear and hurt will go away once she holds his hand.

Without thinking twice, Alana grabbed her phone and opened the car's door to be immediately attacked with heavy, very heavy, raindrops that were painful as if she was thrown with stones. But that wasn't stopping her anyways.

Alana stepped out and slammed the door closed before she starts looking around. There was no single human being anywhere. No cars. No buses. Nothing. Who would risk being outside in this crazy storm?

The wind was blowing strong enough to send Alana to her knees once she started walking away from the car. Rain was unexplainably strong that she was sure those raindrops would leave bruises on her body. The thunder was echoing as if it was some monster's roars and that made Alana jolt and scream with each clap. The lightning came with the thunder left the girl blind for a few seconds each time it illuminated the dark sky.

Alana was sure her knees were already bleeding from how hard she hit them every time she fell. She was drenched to the bones. Her mark was clawing her neck. But she was determined to make it to him. The winces that echoed inside her head and the pain in her chest that wasn't hers, fueled her to carry on her way regardless of whatever was happening around her.

A strong blow of wind sent Alana to the concrete ground. This time, her knees couldn't hold her and she found herself scraping against the ground. She tried to stand up but she was far too weak to do so, especially, with how the wind was growing wilder. Alana's limp body started to roll over the ground, pushed in different directions effortlessly as if she was a fallen leaf. She was groaning, screaming, and yelling but that was useless. There was no one to help. No one to hear her screams. No one to give her a hand.

Hardly, Alana could see random objects, mostly garbage, flying around her, circling her body as if she was the center of a tornado. One of these objects that she couldn't identify landed on her face strongly, making her fall back and lose hope in getting up. Her head was spinning and her energy was drained to the last drop of it.

She gave up.

She let her body be. She let the storm handle it. She stopped fighting or trying to get up. Her body was already cornered to some pavement with a strange angle that was almost breaking her back into two. She laid there, looking at the sky as it went crazy above her. Although the lightning kept the sky illuminated, she started seeing dark spots in the corners of her eyes.

She closed her eyes, knowing what was coming for her.

Scenes started playing inside her head. Mixed voices echoed inside her ears. Sky. Father. Felix. Mother. Nurse Miyoung. Gu Yuri. Minho. Others were indistinguishable. Familiar winces and groans.

She started to feel lightheaded. Her body wasn't hurting anymore. She couldn't feel the heaviness of the raindrops. The lightning wasn't bothering her even the slightest. The thunder got muffled by the other sounds taking over her ears.

An unfamiliar yet soothing voice was calling her name. It came from far, very far, but somehow, it sounded near enough. That voice was getting higher and higher till she finally could recognize the words it was saying.

"Alana, hurry up." The voice called. "Take my hand."