Forty Five.

"Here." Chan said, throwing a card towards Alana which she caught before he plops down on the couch and drops his head to her lap.

"What is that?" Alana questioned, eyeing the card in her hand.

"The penthouse's key." Chan mumbled as he stirred to put himself in a comfy position while his head rubbed Alana's thigh. He hugged himself and closed his eyes. Alana knew he was tired so she let him be as comfortable as he wished.

"Why are you giving me that?" She asked him.

"It's bothersome to send someone to bring you in whenever you come over. Besides, I have your apartment's passcode, too. It's not a big deal."

Of course, he had her apartment's passcode. Alana didn't like him to wait outside whenever he went to her apartment to wait for her after work so, she gave it to him to wait inside instead.

Another month had passed.

It's been two months since Chan left the hospital. He was almost completely recovered. His crutches were long gone. His legs had grown stronger that you barely could see the slight limp in his right leg if you focus on his steps. Other than that, he was normal. He could carry out his duties perfectly well. He still wasn't allowed to drive around cause his legs' muscles get worn out fast but he would be allowed soon, maybe next month.

Not only his upper body was getting bulkier, but also his lower. He was definitely working out and Alana knew that. She could feel his body firmness whenever they hugged and cuddled. Surely, workouts were done under the supervision of his personal trainer in collaboration with his doctors to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

His hair was cut short, making it lose almost all the fluffs. Alana pouted the first time she saw him after he got the cut. She loved how his curls felt against her fingers but she wasn't going to complain. The fact is, he still looked breathtakingly handsome. Especially, when wearing one of his luxurious suits.

Alana choked on her juice the first time she saw him in his full glory. He came downstairs in a dark blue and white suit that clad his body perfectly perfect. His short black hair had no curls as it was straightened and styled fancy, pushed from his forehead and parted to one side. He had a different aura which Alana learned was his work aura. And she wished she could go to work with him. Every day.

Chan started working at the company along with his father. He wasn't pushing himself. His dad wasn't pushing him either. He was taking it step by step and honestly, he was starting to like what he was doing. The business world didn't seem as boring as he thought. That's why he was busy lately and always gets tired and sleepy like he was now. And that's why Alana was the one to come over to his house more often than before.

Throughout the last few weeks, she would go to his house almost every day after work to stay with him for a little, then leave to her own. It was just a couple of times that she dozed off so, she stayed over the night. After that, she started to become more comfortable around his penthouse and around him. 

So, sitting on his couch while she was wearing his oversized shirt and sweatpants, and his head resting on her lap, was common now.

Alana's fingers started to move through Chan's hair, scratching a little at his scalp, knowing that it would send him to sleep faster. "I don't think it's a good idea to keep coming over here. I met your dad in the elevator today, again."

"Hm." Chan just hummed. He was really drifting.

"And he smirked at me, again."

"Dad always smirks, Al." Chan mumbled.

"Look who's talking!" She scoffed at him. "He told me to just move in instead of coming and going."

Chan's eyes shot open and immediately, Alana regretted what she said. She should've not mentioned what his dad said. Chan stirred to look up at Alana, the sleepiness nowhere on his face and his devilish smirk was taking over. "I love when dad gives brilliant ideas like this one."

Alana rolled her eyes, hitting his shoulder lightly. "I'm not moving in with you, Chan."

"Why is that?" He pouted.

"For one, I work literally across from where I live, which is more than an hour's driving from here."

Chan pushed himself to sit upright and crossed his legs on top of the couch. "You can always reallocate to another hospital. For example, one of our partners is a partner at the hospital two blocks away from here. I can grant your position there." He paused to scoot closer to her while still smirking. "With all the privilege of being my girl. More days off, fewer working hours, longer breaks, and authorized ditching." He winked at her.

"Oh, God!" Alana gasped laughingly. "You are corrupted."

"I am and I plan to spoil you."

"Does your plan include building me a whole hospital?" Alana joked.

Chan faked a gasp. "Oh! Busted. How did you know?"

"Stop bragging about money that is not yours." Alana glared at him.

"It is mine."

"It is your parents', fraud."

"Not anymore." Chan smiled with cockiness. Alana blinked a few times, trying not to jump to conclusions. Before she starts building up stories, Chan pulled her into his arms. He then pushed both of their bodies flat on the couch to be lying on it, facing each other. One arm secured to her waist and the other twirling her black hair strands. "They've been giving me their shares. Dad's old plan was to retire after I take over the business, but since I was hibernated, he carried on for more years. He's now planning to hand it over in one year when he's sure I can handle it on my own."

Alana sighed. Her lips pouted and Chan found it adorable. "That means you will be hell busy from now on." She mumbled.

"Which gives you another reason to move in."

Alana looked up at Chan. Her hand rubbed up and down his arm. "Chan, if that's because of what I said and your dad, it-"

"Dad wouldn't have said that if I didn't mention it to him first." Chan cut Alana's words. His fingers found her cheek to caress it. "I told him I was thinking of asking you to move in with me. I want you with me all time. It's suffocating when you are away. We are both already busy at day. At least, at night, we can stay like that without caring about the time you'll waste on your way back to your apartment."

Alana sighed. Her heart ached at how he was almost pleading to her. She was no different from him. Being away always suffocated her. She loved those cuddling hours and wished they never end, but something inside of her stopped her from giving in. Something unknown.

"I don't know, Chan. I don't know if it's right to take that ste-"

"What if I proposed?" Chan cut her.

Alana's body jolted at the word and her eyes widened to the max. "W-w-what?" She stuttered.

"What.. if .. I .. proposed?" He repeated, slowly, emphasizing each word of it. His hand moved to catch hers. He pulled that hand up and held her ring finger. "What if I put a ring on that finger? What if I make you officially and legally mine? Will you move in with me then?" He moved his face closer, to rest his forehead on hers. They both closed their eyes and nothing was heard except their heavy breathing and Alana's frantic heartbeats. "Al," He called softly and it came almost like a whisper. "I love you. Not because of the bond and not because we are soulmates. I love you. And I'm sure if we had met under any other circumstances, I would've fallen for you. I would've willingly chosen you."

And that was when everything ticked into its place. Alana could finally point out the unknown reason. It was just those three unspoken words that made her not give in to his request. Alana was sure she loved Chan. It was already long ago when she figured out her feelings. It wasn't the pull. It wasn't the bond tricking her. It was her heart. The warmness and the bubbly feeling inside her chest were different. She was sure of herself but she didn't know about Chan.

Alana wasn't aware that her tears were running down her cheeks, merging with Chan's tears that she had no idea when they did start rolling. She opened her eyes to meet his glistening ones. She smiled among the tears and tilted her head, only to place a soft peck on his perfect jawline, whispering her words to him. "I love you too, Chan."