Twelve.

"Good morning, Your Highness." Alana greeted beamingly once she entered the Lost Prince's room. Her smiling eyes then moved to Nurse Miyoung who was by the left side of his bed, exercising him. "Good morning, Ms. Miyoung."

"Oh! Good morning, sweetheart." The nurse smiled back at her. "Someone is having a lovely mood."

Smiling back at her, Alana dropped her belongings into the armchair. "How is he today?"

"Handsome as always. I guess he too is in a good mood." Miyoung smiled lovingly down at him. "He looks radiant when it's sunny and warm like today. He's a summer person."

"Already guessed that." Alana replied while looking down at him.

"Soon, we'll be getting rid of his heavy clothes, high necks, and scarves." Miyoung said as she put his arm down softly before she moves to hold his leg. A broken smile painted her face. "I wonder if this body would ever get back to how it used to be."

Alana sat down in the armchair, observing the exercises that the nurse was applying to his limbs. "How it did use to be?"

"Oh, girl!" The nurse chuckled. "He was a lot different from now. When he first came here, he had a toned body. Muscles rippled everywhere regardless of his young age. He was tanned. He looked healthy, like someone who was building up for his own health, not to show up."

It ached Alana's heart to hear that. It hurt her how he turned into the fragile weak pale he is now. But actually, that fueled Alana more. She wanted to witness the healthy version of him. Although she had a few days to leave this department, she didn't let that disappoint her.

"How about we get him the sun he missed?" Alana suggested.

"The window is already wide open!" Miyoung exclaimed.

"If he's that summer lover, the window won't be enough for him. Moreover, only his left side gets the sun. Let's get him outside." Alana stood up excitedly. "I need a wheelchair."

Nurse Miyoung sighed. She dropped his leg and pulled the covers up his body. "Look, Dr. Mun. I know you are trying your best here. But I doubt that would get him anywhere. You've been acting weird lately and I think you need to stop. You are a doctor after all. Not some psychic."

Alana already expected that. She knew how people were looking at her lately, even nurse Miyoung.

"At least I'm trying." Alana stated, more dominantly, which was different from her slightly passive character. "The only reason he's here is that he's got no family to retrieve him from here. He's not receiving any medical help other than those exercises and IV solutions! So, don't talk about medicine and science. It's not applied to him anyways." Alana stepped away from the bed and to its foot. She didn't want to be rude, but people had to wake up and open their eyes to the truth. The truth is that the whole situation was nonsense. "I need a wheelchair and I'll take it from here, Nurse Miyoung."

Miyoung decided to just let it be. She wasn't going to object more. Honestly, deep inside of her, she knew that Alana had a point. But still, it didn't make it to her brain that believed in nothing but medicine for long years.

A few minutes later, Miyoung came back with the wheelchair Alana requested. Although she was reluctant, she helped Alana in moving him to the wheelchair before excusing herself to check on her other patients.

Alana thanked herself for bringing her neck pillow with her. Before they leave the room, Alana secured the pillow around his neck to support his head not to drop to his chest. All done, Alana wheeled him outside the room and to the terrace. Once they were out, Alana was the one to sigh in relief.

The weather was finally getting warmer. There were no traces of snow anymore. It would rain every now and then, and she knew it wouldn't stop raining since it always rained even in hot summer, but at least it was less likely to have thunderstorms.

Alana wheeled her patient to the middle of the terrace, where a bench was facing the railings. She stopped his wheelchair and locked the wheels for his safety. Instead of sitting down, she stood facing him, towering over him, allowing her body to shield his face from the hot sun. Maybe it was too much sun for him? She thought.

Leaning closer to his face, she noticed the knitted brows he was having along with the little pout on his lips.

"Okay. What is it? What is bothering you?" She questioned as if he would give her the answer. Tilting her head slightly, she made a guess. Alana stepped away from him, allowing the sun to kiss his pale face. The second its warmness seeped into his skin, the crease between his brows eased. She could swear that his lips stretched a little as if he was about to smile. Alana chuckled. "You really love sun!"

Alana continued chuckling as she sat on the bench by his side. She let her face has its share of sun as she closed her eyes and dropped her head back down. It was quiet and peaceful inside her brain as it was outside for a moment. Just a moment before she feels heaviness in her heart again. She opened her eyes and peeked at the prince to her left.

"Few days and I'll be somewhere else in this hospital. You'll have a new doctor. I guess another intern, I'm not sure. Or you'll have Dr. Kim back." Alana said. Alana heard a rumbling echo through his chest that was close to a grunt. She leaned closer to his side till her head was almost on his shoulder. "You don't like him, do you?" She chuckled. "Let's forget that for now and enjoy the weather." 

Alana pulled her phone out of her pocket. Her intentions were to take photos of the horizon ahead of them to share them with Sky who liked to paint the sky. Moments later, Alana caught herself taking a photo of the sleeping prince.

"Oh God!" She gasped. "What am I doing?" She questioned.

She looked down, embarrassed by what she was doing. Exhaling loudly, she decided to delete those photos. It wasn't ethical. Alana shook her head and looked at her phone. She deleted the first photo and was about to delete the one following when something caught her eyes.

A shadow.

A shadow that was painting the floor left to the wheelchair.

A shadow that resembled a human being.

Looking behind them quickly, she found no one. Alana shoved her head upwards to the railings of the rooftop that happened to have a full view of the terrace.

Again, she found nothing, no one.