Fourteen.

A daisy. Two daisies. Three daisies. A field of daisies.

A gloomy sky.

A dark brown pair of eyes.

A dimple.

A streak of light.

Darkness.

Darkness surrounded Alana before she gasps for air and pushes herself up. Her eyes went wide and her chest was heaving. She was panting as if she was running a marathon when she was still sitting on the tiled floor of her apartment, facing the laptop placed on the coffee table.

Alana wasn't asleep. She doesn't do that. Neither she was dreaming. She couldn't remember the last time she had a dream. She was just hallucinating. She kept looking at the photos over and over, and over again until her brain wore out and her eyes popped. She tried to find a clue or anything but the intact photos were few. Very few.

Alana sighed in defeat as she leaned toward the laptop to activate its screen again, showing a photo of a field of daisies.

As the gadget's shop man told her, most of the photos were corrupted. Some had lines cutting them. Some had dark patches. Some glitched and others were mixed up making it hard to figure out what the photo had. The remaining ones weren't many.

She could tell that most of the photos were of landscapes. There were very few photos of him. Few photos that weren't totally corrupted of him. One had its upper half black, but the lower half showed an enchanting smile and one dimple as the photo was taken at an angle. Although she couldn't see a full face, she guessed it was him. Her guesses were confirmed in the next photo which was a mirror selfie of him.

He was smiling widely, almost beaming. His free hand was holding up a V sign while the other holding the camera. His eyes were almost gone in two crescents, hiding their color. He looked healthy and sure buffed as Nurse Miyoung told her before. The photo didn't show anything of the surroundings to give a hint of where he was.

The next photo was also of him but had mixed parts with other photos, making the only recognizable part of it is the almond shape dark brown eye that Alana guessed was his too. He had small eyes just like the one in that photo.

Other than those photos, there were the daisies and a gloomy sky. Alana noticed that those photos were the last on the list, making them the latest photo that he took.

Alana almost stuck her face to the laptop screen. She scrunched her face at the photo. "So, he took photos of a daisies field on a sunny day then, a stormy day?" She questioned. "But daisies bloom that much in summer and spring. And that sky..." She paused as she skipped to the following photo of the gloomy sky. "It doesn't look like summer or spring."

Moving to the next photo, Alana sighed again. It was all black with a streak of light. Alana ignored it as it was, obviously, corrupted. She found herself caught in the two photos of the daisies field and the gloomy sky for a long time.

Alana felt like her brain cells were losing it from how hard she was trying to link any photo to another. Again, weights dropped to her shoulders. Alana lifted her body up and sat down on the couch. Resting her back, she pulled out her phone.

"Does he love daisies?" She questioned as she began to search about daisies. She kept scrolling down the websites that the browser showed. She was about to click on one of the links when something caught her eyes. "There is a daisy field around here?" She questioned once she read what the browser's map viewed.

Alana sat upright, clicked the map, and read the description and the directions of the daisies field. Without thinking twice, she jumped to her feet, grabbed her bag and keys, then rushed out.

The mentioned field was thirty minutes away. So, once she was out of her apartment building, she jumped in her car and started following the directions. Although it wasn't a long drive, she was fidgeting all of it. She didn't even know why she was heading there or what to expect. But she had a thought that the field might be the one he had its photos. It was the closest to the hospital so, somehow, it made sense to her.

Alana was drowned in her thoughts to notice that she arrived. The GPS robotic sound alerted her of the arrival. Alana snapped out of her daze, stopped the car, snatched her phone, and stepped out of it. Once she was out, she twirled around.

Nothing!

No field was anywhere around there.

The location on her map was correct, showing that she already reached her destination. The few buildings around were the same. The nearby bus stop was the correct one. But no field was seen. Alana took a few steps forward, trying to look for any signs of the field but the only thing she could see was bare land. An area of short dry yellow grass.

Alana caught a man walking up the road with his little girl in his hand. She rushed to him and stopped the man in his tracks. "Excuse me! Sir."

The man stopped. "Yes!" He replied regardless of how startled he was.

"Was there a daisies field around this area?" She asked.

"Yes." He lifted his free arm to point to their left. "Right here."

Alana shoved her head to be faced with the bare land. "Here? That was the field? What happened to it?"

"Umm, it was a long time ago. One of the days that sky went crazy, a thunderstorm hit this place. The lightning demolished a few buildings and set this field on fire." He paused as if he was trying to remember. "I guess someone was hurt, too."

Alana felt her blood freeze at the last statement. "H-Hurt? How hurt?" She stuttered.

"I'm not sure. I wasn't living here at that time. That's what I heard from people around here when I moved in. Now, excuse me." The man excused himself and left.

That was when Alana almost put the pieces together.

A thunderstorm that was strong enough to make that damage.

Someone was hurt.

A daisy. Two daisies. Three daisies. A field of daisies.

A gloomy sky.

A dark brown pair of eyes.

A dimple.

A streak of light.

Darkness.

***

Okay! Here's a discussion for my lovely readers:
The titles and covers of my books are mostly directly related to the events happening in them, either they are representing a scene or emphasising the plot, not just random words or photos of the idols.
So, here's my question:
Do you know what BOSOM means? And how can that word be related to the storyline? How about the cover? What do you think it implies?