Forty Three.

"I swear I'm going to ki-" Alana paused in the middle of her threat. She did once she noticed the multiple Bambi eyes looking at her widely. She gulped the rest of her threat along with the profanities she was about to spill before she put on her smile again. "I mean, I'm going to scold him." She corrected awkwardly.

She was sitting in the middle of a circle made by the kids, reading them a story, when her mark started to tingle. She knew that he was asking for attention since she couldn't talk to him or even reply to the messages he kept sending her for the whole day. It was her last day at the Pediatrics Department, and the kids kept her busy all day.

"Anyways, kids. That was the end of the thirteenth story I've read to you today." She said, closing the book in her hand.

"One more!" A little girl who was nothing more than four years old yelled cutely. "Last one, please." She pleaded with her glossing eyes.

Alana sighed. "That's what you said after the fourth story, Nina."

"We don't want you to leave." A boy pouted.

"It's not like I'm leaving the hospital, Jun. I'll b-" Alana's words were cut off by her phone ringing and without even looking, she knew it would be him. She pulled the phone out of her coat's pocket to confirm the caller. She inhaled all the oxygen in this department, trying to keep calm. She's definitely going to scold him. She answered the call and pressed the phone to her ear, determined to start scolding. "What did I say abo-"

"I miss you." Chan's voice came through her phone, cutting her words and shoving whatever she planned to say to the garbage bin over the corner.

"Me too." She giggled stupidly.

"When are you leaving?"

"Umm.. let me see." She said as she looked at the eyes still looking at her with hopes of one more story. How could she say no to those cuties? "I guess in one hour." She gave up to them.

"Then, I'll send you a car."

"What car?" Alana questioned. "I have my car. Are we going somewhere?"

"You are coming over." He informed. "I mean, to my house. Is that okay?" He asked hesitantly.

"Y-Yes. It's okay. I guess." She stuttered. "Just send me the location."

"No. I'll send someone to bring you. You are already tired. It's bothersome to drive all the way here and then back."

"But it's no-"

"That's final, Al!" He stated. Alana found herself complying. That was the Chan she saw ending a heated discussion with his parents and she reminded herself not to step on his wrong side.

"Alright. Just," She lowered her voice as the kids were overhearing her conversation. "Stop touching the mark. You are distracting me." She whispered.

"Do I?" He questioned and she could swear she heard a smirk in his voice.

Alana gritted her teeth and hung up the call. He would always succeed in teasing her, and when she tries to fire back, she would fail and then he would tease her more. He's always got the upper hand and she would just huff and sulk and plan a script to scold him but he would flirt his way with her.

And that was how they've been since he left the hospital a month ago. It's been one month since he resumed his life outside. He's been doing perfectly with his rehabilitation that he gave up on one of the crutches. His legs were doing fine with therapy and the single crutch he was using was about to be dismissed too. He didn't even use it that much at home until he was going up and down the stairs. His upper body started to get defined lines that were obvious to Alana. She always made a mental note to ask him if he was working his upper body out, but she would always forget to.

For that month, Chan never stopped surprising Alana with his sudden visits. Sometimes he would wait for her in the hospital's main hall. Others, she would walk to her apartment to find him standing by her door. They would just sit, talk, eat and then enjoy the silence while cuddling on the couch till Alana falls asleep in his arms and then he would leave her to rest and go back home.

On the days they wouldn't stay at her place, he would drag her out. They went on a few dates and surely, they visited BOSOM café. The owner there cried her heart out when she saw Chan as if the boy was her lost kid.

They met with Sky's squad a couple of times along with Minho who brought that guy Jisung with him. Ironically, Jisung didn't come empty-handed and dragged his girlfriend, Anastasia, with him. The girl was a famous violinist who had a blooming career.

On the other side, Chan's free time was occupied with studying. He had to start working with his dad once he fully recovers, and to achieve that, he had at least to learn the basics.

Alana's last book with the kids ended and soon she was standing by the hospital's entrance after she changed her work attire to the casual one, waiting for whoever Chan was sending to fetch her. Which didn't make sense to her. She could've driven her car or even called an Uber. Although Chan visited Alana's apartment every other day, the girl never visited his and that made her slightly nervous.

A black luxurious Mercedes pulled in front of her, cutting her thoughts. A middle-aged man stepped out from the driver's seat and walked over to Alana to open the backdoor for her. "Ms. Mun." The man talked holding the door for her. "Mr. Bang requested escorting you to his house. Please, get in."

Alana's mouth was agape at what was happening. Mr. Bang? What was Chan planning? Who was that guy? Was he a chauffeur? Was that possible?

Blinking a few times, Alana couldn't find her words so she just nodded at the man and got in the car. He closed the door for her lightly, then walked to his own. Once he was in, the car pulled away to God knows where.