Sixteen.

Although the sun had gone below the horizon, the sky was still lit enough to show the face ahead of Alana.

Caught in the rain, he was drenched and it seemed like he did nothing to shield himself from it. Maybe he wasn't in his right state of mind just like Alana. His black loose hoodie covered his body well, obscuring any hints of how that body looked. But his tight ripped jeans did quite the opposite. They were clinging to his thighs perfectly, showing how much he spends time with those legs working out.

Alana's eyes were piercing through his face. His stupidly handsome face. She was suspicious of him for sure, but something in him said he wasn't a bad guy. Alana couldn't point out why. Maybe it was his sculptured face? That had a high-pointed nose? Or the perfectly perfect double eyelids above those soothing yet intimidating eyes? Oh! It also might be the sharp straight jawline that could cut a paper into two.

"Who are you?" Alana questioned.

"Someone who should've vanished." He answered shortly.

Alana's brows met in confusion. She took a few steps towards him. "You are not a doctor here."

"How do you know?" An amused smirk decorated his already handsome face, making it even more handsome if that was possible. "You know all the doctors work here?"

"No. But you just don't look like a doctor." She squinted her eyes at him, taking one more step closer. "Are you a patient? If yes, then you are not supposed to be up here."

The boy tilted his head, still having the same smirk. "Who puts the rules?"

"The hospital's management?" She questioned in confusion.

He inched his face closer to hers. "And who said those rules apply to me?" He pulled back a little, just a little, to allow his eyes to drift from her face to her neck. His smirk went even wider. "Nice tattoo by the way." He ended his words with a wink.

Alana froze for a moment. Was it from the close proximity of his handsome face? Or that was the effect of his wink? Maybe it was his comment abou-

Shit!

Alana looked down at herself to find her hoodie still unzipped, which meant her chest and neck were on the show. Her mark was on the show. Frantically, Alana pulled the zipper up, shielding her chest and neck. The boy stepped back but never let the playful smile leave his face, which made Alana more suspicious of him.

Tattoo?

He thought her mark was a tattoo? It can't look like that. Not with its glow or the change in its color. He must be out of his mind or have poor, very poor, eyesight to think that way.

"Y-You didn't answer my question." Alana stuttered, trying to change the subject. "You'd better tell me who you are and what you do here before I call security."

"Call them!" He shrugged.

"You've been lurking around lately. This is illegal!" Alana stated firmly.

"I won't call it lurking." He rubbed his chin, pretending to be thinking. "It's more like visiting."

"You are the one who leaves water puddles all time, aren't you?"

"You do, too." He shrugged again. "I bet you'll find them once you walk back inside the building."

"You are not supposed to be here." She snapped at him.

"Neither you do!" He snapped back but not angrily. "I think you need to be somewhere else."

His words strangely settled somewhere in Alana's mind. They strangely pushed a button on, reminding her of where she was heading before she caught his shadow.

Her Lost Prince!

Alana's eyes widened upon this realization. She was heading back to his room. She was afraid he might be panicking inside his own body since it was raining.

Her legs moved on their own, making her walk backward while still having her eyes on the stranger ahead of her. "I'm not done with you." She pointed at his face. "You'd better be gone before I come back and call security." She yelled as she reached the door of the rooftop. "Or the police." She yelled even louder before she turns and rushes out to the stairs.

Alana's legs took her downstairs to her patient's room. She stood facing the door and was about to enter when she noticed the water puddles trailing behind her. She was a soaking mess. Pushing the thought away, Alana walked into the room and closed the door behind her.

The first thing she did, was rushing to the window to pull the curtains close. She turned to look at her patient, looking peaceful as always. Looking handsome as always. She sighed before she rounded his bed to drop to the armchair to his right.

Taking a closer look, he didn't seem to be that peaceful. His lips were slightly pouting. The crease between his brows was visible. His hairs were standing. He was shivering. Alana leaned closer to the bed and pulled his hand into hers.

"I'm sorry." She apologized. "I should've known that earlier. I'm so stupid to miss all the signs." She scolded herself then let out a chuckle. "I thought of myself as smart or different cause I was reading your files backward." She let out a scoff. "I turned out to be the most stupid out of the-"

Alana's words were cut by a jolt of shivers passing through her body. It was as if she was experiencing the tiniest of electric currents. It wasn't painful though, nor scary. It was somehow, calming. As if it was a hum to her body. Alana closed her eyes momentarily and sighed, letting all the negativity leave her body.

Alana felt a strange pull. Something invisible made her lean on his bed, rest her chin on his arm and intertwine her fingers with his. She felt his chest inflates the most, almost taking all the room's air. She chuckled softly but never she opened her eyes.

"Alright-" She whispered as if she was replying to inaudible words. "I'll shut up and stay with you."

***

I guess it is pretty obvious now who the fallen angel is, right?

By the way, the forecast is saying that there will be a thunderstorm where I live tomorrow, do you think a miracle will happen?