Thirty Two.

A squeal echoed as her hand wiped the foggy glass, pushing the steam away from the mirror. A content sigh escaped her lips once she could finally see her reflection. Her face was radiant, in contrast to the spooky atmosphere of the bathroom. Although the bathroom was still warm from the hot shower she had, her body felt a jolt of chills.

And she knew why.

Her eyes aimed south as her fingers started trailing the mark starting at the right side of her neck, passing diagonally by her collar bone, and dipping down the valley between her breasts. Feeling tingling down her mark, a wide smile painted her face as she looked fondly at her precious mark.

"Wow!" A gasp echoed from behind her, making the poor girl jolt. She turned around to see Sky leaning against the bathroom doorframe with crossed arms. "It looks almost normal now."

Alana spun to face her reflection again. The mark that once was glowing with different shades of orange and red, had calmed down now. Over the last two weeks, since Chan woke up, changes took place with that mark. The burning sensation was nowhere near. It would only tingle her and she loved that fuzzy feeling. The glow started to fade little by little, leaving the mark to only have colors as if it was a colorfully inked tattoo. And now it was losing its colors too, which made it slowly turn into a normal black-looking one.

The thing is, the same was happening with Chan.

His mark, which started to glow shortly before he woke up, was losing that glow again. The shades of blue and white were disappearing too, leaving the mark almost black just like Alana's.

Alana felt that lovely tingling again, running continuously through the mark from head to bottom of it. The girl giggled to herself at the sensation, knowing the meaning of those endless tingles.

"Time to go!" Alana said between the giggles, pushing her sister outside the bathroom to change the towel wrapping her body into clothes.

"What? Why? I just arrived." Sky protested.

"I.. umm. I have work." Alana said after Sky was outside, slammed the door closed, and dropped the towel before she starts dressing herself up.

"Come on!" Sky whined from behind the door. "I know your shift starts in two more hours! Hang out with me. Felix will pick me up this afternoon and we'll be heading back to Busan."

Alana opened the bathroom door and stepped out, fully dressed and ready to leave. "I'm sorry, Sky. I really have to go."

"Wait! You are not going to work, right?" Sky questioned, making Alana's frantic movements around her apartment halt. "Damn! I should've known that. You are going to see Chan! Of course, you are." Sky chuckled devilishly.

Alana blushed. Sky would always get her caught every time she stays late at the hospital, saying she was busy with 'work' or when she leaves early in the morning. Alana looked at her sister apologetically. "I'm sorry, really I am. But I can't help it. I can't resist that stupid pull!" She said pouting.

"I know! I've been there before." Sky flashed her sister an understanding smile. "You'll get used to it. Not too much but yeah, you'll know how to deal with it. Now go. He must be fidgeting to see your face as you are doing."

Alana quickly ran to her sister and gave her a rushed hug before she sprints to the door. "I'll see you soon. Give Lix a big hug for me." Alana yelled from the doorway.

"At least-" Sky started but was cut by the door being slammed close. "-sort your hair." She mumbled but Alana was already running down the apartment building's stairs.

It's been two weeks since Chan came back to life. Although Alana was now having a round at the General Surgery Department, she would end up lurking around the Department of Hibernation.

Chan was going through an intensive rehabilitation program. Starting from breathing properly and talking, ending with moving around, everything was terribly hard for him. He was making fairly good progress with his breathing, talking, and moving his upper body and arms. He was eating again, little amounts but that was enough for his long resting stomach. Still, he wasn't able to use his legs or hold his weight on them. He had to go through daily long hours of physical therapy but he never complained. He endured just well.

Alana spent as much time as she could with him. Although they never talked about it officially, they knew what kind of bonds they were sharing. Honestly, Alana was afraid to talk about it. She was afraid she might get rejected by her own soulmate. She knew that he enjoyed her presence and found comfort in it. She knew he would always look for her when she was away. She knew he felt the undeniable connection. But still, he didn't believe in soulmates back then and she didn't know if he was any different now.

As if they had an unspoken agreement, the two of them avoided that subject and just enjoyed each other's accompany.

Standing in front of his door, Alana gulped placing a hand on her crazily beating heart. She sorted her outfit and hair before she twisted the doorknob and walked in. And Oh God! The scene had her heart dropping to her stomach.

He was sitting upright on his bed, looking at the widely open window that allowed the sun to fall on his perfectly sculptured face. His earphones were plugged as he seemed to be listening to a song he truly loved. His head was swaying lightly as he hummed with the melody.

Just then, Chan turned his face to meet Alana's gaze as if he sensed her presence. His beautiful smile decorated his face, letting those breathtaking dimples show. Alana was never to get used to that enchanting smile no matter what.

"Alana!" He called happily as he unplugged the earphones.

"Hello!" Alana greeted softly as she walked up to stand by his bed.

"Oh! I miss when you used to say 'Good morning, Your Highness' with the most cheerful tone ever." He teased mimicking her tone.

"Oh, God!" Alana buried her face in her hands feeling all embarrassed. "You really could hear that?" She talked through her palms.

Chan muffled his chuckle. His arm moved heavily to reach for one of her arms. He grabbed that arm and snatched it, making her hand jerk off her face. He groaned as he tried to reach for her other arm which was a little farther. Alana noticed that so, she dropped her arm and moved closer to him. Without asking for permission, he pulled her down to his bed, to be sitting by his right side, facing him.

Chan pulled her into his extremely warm embrace. Although his arms were still weak, Alana could feel how tight he was trying to hold her. Hesitantly, she rested her head on his shoulder and lifted her arms to encircle his torso lightly. She felt a sigh of relief escapes his chest that made her smile.

She felt safe, secure, warm, and protected. And she knew those feelings were mutual. She could feel that inside her chest.

"Your voice was the only real thing in the never-ending nightmare I was living." Chan talked softly against her neck. "Your voice was all I could hear since the day you stepped into this room for the first time."