Five.

The two sisters had their share of the chaos that stirred up the world, but their perception of it was quite the opposite.

They themselves were two opposites.

Sky had always been the easy-goer one. The girl was a little adventurous with broken breaks. She would act now and think later. She's usually going with the flow and enjoying the journey. That's why when she woke up that day with extremely dark pupils, masking her originally hazel ones, she didn't care. She could see that the world was already falling apart so, she didn't make a fuss about how her eye color changed.

Sky was courageous enough to not care about the comments she was getting at school. Although those comments proceeded to be bullying, she never reacted to those bullies. She didn't stand for them, but she brushed them off. She literally, brushed them on her canvas. Instead of wasting her time on those pathetic people, she made use of it at her art studio.

On the other side, there was Alana, the calculative one. She was the one to stick to the rules and follow the guidelines. She would think now, and act- well, she might not act at all. She didn't have a weak mentality. She was always determined and knew what she wanted, but she would hesitate about if what she wanted was the best for her. If it wasn't for Sky, who kicked her sister's butt to medical school, Alana would've never achieved her dream of being a doctor. She wanted that, but the thought of being responsible for lives overwhelmed her.

And that's why when Alana woke up that day with a tree mark decorating her chest and neck, she panicked the worst. She screamed, cried, and sobbed. She tried to wash the abnormal mark away but she knew it wasn't washable. She locked herself in her room for days to do her calculations and overthink. And when she was done overthinking, she noticed that those days passed without sleeping, which made her panic and start her cycle all over again.

That's how she started hiding her mark, unlike her sister that didn't mind showing her demon-black intimidating eyes. Alana would always be in turtlenecks and scarves for the whole winter and would wear high-collar blouses and button-ups all summer, besides pulling her hair down her shoulders to make sure nothing of the mark might show.

"And you think that might work out?" Sky asked Alana through the phone placed on the table by her side.

Sky was sitting on her stool, wearing an apron while painting on a canvas. Ahead of her, there was a painting of a storming sky, with streaks of silver thunder decorating it. Behind her, there were different paintings with different vibes. Few paintings were of eyes that looked different but somehow, looked the same. There was a painting of a bus stop, drenched in rain. A little to the left, there was a canvas with an old locket compass that had its pointer away from the north. Hanging above it, there was a painting of an abandoned dark inside-out warehouse-like building by some river.

"I don't know. I will be following the 'trial and error' rule." Alana replied.

Alana was making her way to her patient's room. Her other hand was busy with a bundle of yellow roses and a stack of files that she was fighting to keep in her grip.

Sky chuckled through the phone. "You? Trial and error? Hello? Where's my sister?" Sky teased.

Alana rolled her eyes. "You should be supporting me!"

"I always do, sweetheart. But trying is not your thing."

"People change." Alana snapped.

"Change is not your thing, too."

Alana rolled her eyes again. Her steps came to a halt when she arrived at her destination. "Whatever. I have work. I'll talk to you later."

"Good luck with your lost prince." Sky sang before hanging up.

Alana inhaled, filling her lungs with optimistic air before she walks into the dim room.

"Good morning, Your Highness." She chanted cheerfully. Alana dropped her belongings into the armchair before she walks to the window and pulls the curtains open. "I know you are wondering why I am here that early in the morning when my shift starts at night. The answer is, I got bored with overthinking so, I decided to do something useful."

Alana walked back to the right side of the bed where the armchair was placed. She took her time examining the patient's glowing face under the sunlight. She wondered what he would look like if his hair got trimmed. She thought he would fit in the short hair look and undercuts.

Brushing the weird thoughts off, she pulled the flowers from the chair. "Look what I did bring you today. Don't they look fresh and lovely?" She placed them on the nightstand, thinking she would put them in a vase later. "And this too-" She pulled the files. "I got all of your files since the day you came here. I'm planning to study them and look for any clues that might help since your previous doctor didn't show his face."

Alana dropped to the armchair, placing the files behind her back as she inched closer to the Lost Prince. "I know I sound lame. Professors already studied your case, but I don't want to be discouraged now. It's still early for that." Placing a hand on his chest to pat it softly, Alana resumed. "I don't know if you can hear me. Some of the hibernation cases that woke up, said they could hear and see things during their sleeping time. Some were also able to move around their bodies. So, I would like to believe that you can hear me." Alana moved her hand from his chest to where his hand was resting. She held his hand delicately in hers. "If you can hear me, if you can feel my presence, please hold on to it. Please, help me to bring you back."