Nine.

Dr. Kim was far from the image Alana created in her mind. When she thought he was a gloomy old man in his sixties or something, he turned out to be a mid-thirties cheerful lovely young man.

When he arrived with the new hibernated patient, Alana was informed of his presence. Peeking at him while he was checking his patient, Alana could see the helplessness on his face. And that was when she could finally get it. He wasn't an uncommitted doctor as she thought, nor he was not fond of his job. He felt helpless. He's a doctor who's supposed to be curing people but ended up being responsible for those fragile souls. He had nothing in his hands. Just like other doctors in this department that Alana barely met.

After finishing his task, Alana finally could get to him. Going past the introduction, he actually apologized for not being around and not being the best mentor Alana could get. The two young doctors sat somewhere near the nurses' station and discussed some of the unique cases that Dr. Kim came across during his career, and surely the Lost Prince was the most unique one. Alana hoped that she would get any useful information from him, but no. He was clueless as she was with this case.

That's why she headed back to her patient's room disappointed, with only one line from Dr. Kim echoing through her ears. "Don't get emotionally involved with patients, especially, the sleeping ones. You'll get high hopes when one of them wakes up magically, but the next day you'll get depression when you lose one of them without even knowing how or why. At last, they are not confined to our laws, Dr. Mun."

The storm didn't seem to subside anytime soon, and Alana didn't seem to be able to carry herself out of this safe room again. Actually, she struggled to keep her sanity in its place during her talk with Dr. Kim. She would jolt and panic every time the thunder echoed through the empty hospital hallways. And that's why she ran back to the Lost Prince's room right away after Dr. Kim left.

Although she was determined to keep a distance from her patient, she still couldn't stay more than half a meter away from his bed.

That was odd.

Something about him was odd.

He oozed a strange calming aura. His presence could put her at ease so that she could find her inner peace and keep composed as the storm raged outside. Alana got the feeling that if she stood out of that room, she would be breaking down again. So, to spare the drama, Alana decided to stay where he can be at an arm's reach till this storm goes somewhere else.

Alana was still disturbed to resume reading her files, that's why she let the files aside and kept staring at the sleeping lost prince. The fluorescent light now illuminating the room perfectly, allowed her to inspect his fragile body. Indeed he was taller than her, but he was slim and weak.

Does he get anywhere out of this bed? Or do they just exercise him there inside the room all time? Is he a morning person or does he prefer night? Does he enjoy the sun or he's one of those who love to get drenched in the rain? Alana questioned herself.

"You're not a rain person, are you?" Alana voiced out her thoughts. Her hand reached for the prince's arm to pull his gown's sleeve up. She was checking what she noticed earlier. "See? Your hairs are standing. You shiver but you're not cold." She covered his arm again. "You've been like that since it started raining. You're not comfortable."

She leaned back in her armchair, shoving her eyes to the shielded window. She could tell that the lightning stopped. She could only hear traces of thunder too. Finally, it was getting calmer. She could feel her heart settling down and she could sense how the man sleeping ahead of her found the pace of his normal breathing again.

Alana's phone started vibrating, indicating that she was receiving a call that she already guessed who the caller would be. Grabbing the phone from the nightstand, she answered.

"Are you okay?" Her sister's voice came in.

"Yes!" Alana said as she stood up and walked to the window to peek outside.

"It's raining here. Heavily. Is it okay in Seoul?" Sky questioned.

"Far from okay." Alana sighed. "It's been raining for the whole day and a thunderstorm hit earlier."

"FUCK!" Sky gasped. "The hell! Where are you?"

"At the hospital."

"You should be home!" Sky panicked. "Are you okay? Did you have a panic attack? What about your mark? Is it irritating?"

"I got stuck here and I couldn't leave." Alana said, heading to the room's door. She thought that talking to her sister would distract her and she could leave the room to the cafeteria downstairs to get something to eat since she didn't eat for the whole day. "I'm fine. Yes, I did have a panic attack but I managed to get over it. My mark is not irritating, it's burning an-"

"Wait, wait, wait." Sky cut her sister's words. "That's a lot of info. You could get over your panic attack? Alone? What did you do? Did you hide under your patient's bed?"

Alana rolled her eyes at her sister's reaction. She opened the door and stepped out closing the door behind her. "Yes. Alone. And I didn't hide under his bed. I-" Alana's words stopped in her throat.

Looking down at her feet, she spotted a puddle of water. Alana looked right and left, spotting more puddles that seemed to start from the left -where the door to the rooftop was- and continues to the right -where the corridor led to the nurses' station.

Those puddles looked like they were made by someone who was drenched in rain. But who would be walking in the Department of Hibernation, soaking wet like that?

And most importantly, what was he/she doing on the rooftop during a thunderstorm?