Twenty One.

Alana had always been fascinated by the concept of soulmates. Something about it thrilled her. Maybe it's the idea of having someone out there who's meant to be yours. Someone that was chosen by fate. Someone who would complete you. Someone who is your other half.

The teenager Alana had nights spent thinking of how she might meet her soulmate. The adult Alana did the same too, lately.

Would it be as unexpected as Sky's and Felix's encounter?

Felix, who was a Punished at that time, met Sky when he didn't expect it at all. Sky, who woke up that day when the hell broke nine years ago with eyes extremely dark as if she was possessed by a demon, didn't think that she would be someone's Healer. The moment Felix walked into her studio all by coincidence, their world turned upside down.

A strange pull brought them together. Some inaudible inner voices told Sky to take off Felix's black sunglasses that hid his eyes. The eyes which were white with no traces of irises as if they never were there. Once their eyes met, a miracle happened. Their eyes' colors merged, as if the blackness in Sky's ones seeped into the blank eyes of Felix, leaving the both of them with chocolate brown pairs of eyes. That's how they were united. That's how their bond ticked in its right place.

Would it be as dramatic as Aria's and Seungmin's encounter?

Aria, Felix's older sister, had her soulmate around for a long time before she could ever know it was him. Seungmin was a Punished whose words would appear on his skin once he voices them out. That left the poor boy with only one option. To act like he was mute. Aria, who later turned out to be his Healer, didn't know that.

Although she felt the pull and had her inner voices too, she couldn't put it all together. And once she found out, she couldn't heal him as she thought she would. Seungmin had to be forgiven for what he did in the past before being healed. And that's how they started a road trip to correct what had to be corrected. By the end of this trip, a miracle happened. Seungmin could finally be free from his punishment. That's how they were united. That's how their bond ticked in its right place.

Would it be as painful as Minho's and Rona's encounter?

Unlike the other couples, these soulmates didn't have the bond of a Healer and a Punished. They were connected through an identical mark that Minho wasn't aware of its presence on Rona until it was too late and the girl was forever gone. Minho felt that pull to the girl but he could do nothing as they were two wandering souls.

Rona had her inner voices that told her she had to protect him at all costs, even if it costs her own life. Just hours before Minho gets disconnected from the devices that kept him alive, a miracle happened. Rona decided that her heart belonged to the boy, emotionally and physically. Minho woke up later with Rona's heart beating against his own ribs. That's how they were united. That's how their bond ticked in its right place.

Would it be as scary as Jisung's and Anastasia's encounter?

Jisung, Minho's friend, met his soulmate, Anastasia, in the scariest way ever. They didn't have marks, nor they were a Healer and a Punished. Fate played them well. Anastasia, who was a walking image of her very dead late great grandma, met Jisung who was a reborn version of the man her great grandma fell for, Han, but couldn't be with.

Somehow, Anastasia lived with the ghost of Han for a few months before meeting the living Jisung. Somehow, Jisung saw the whole past of the man through his dreams, how he loved Anastasia's grandma and how he died. Somehow, the couple met and Anastasia thought Jisung was the ghost of Han, while Jisung thought she was her great grandma. And through all of this, Anastasia was following an old broken compass that wasn't pointing north. That compass brought them together. That's how they were united. That's how their bond ticked in its right place.

Alana had always known that her mark wasn't normal, but never she did think that it was going to bring her to her other half.

That day nine years ago, when Alana woke up with a killing burning pain in her chest and neck, she never thought that it was the same her soulmate was feeling. When she thought that her mark was a burning tree, she turned out to be wrong. It was a lightning bolt. A Lichtenberg Figure. The lightning that hit her soulmate, leaving him with the same exact mark on the left side of his chest and neck, attacked her right. The moment she woke up screaming in pain from her mark, he was falling into his deep sleep.

Alana couldn't believe the conclusion her own brain made on the day she retrieved the photos from his camera. The moment she read in his medical files about the mark on his chest, made her head burn. It took her a few hours to get a grip on herself and check his mark with her own eyes. It took all of her self-control not to break down once she found that his mark was the same as hers except for the color.

The mark. The pull. The inner voices. The calmness she feels by his side. The strange need of touching him. The echoes inside her head. The feelings that she was sure weren't hers but somehow, she felt inside her chest. The sweet tingling in her mark whenever she's by his side, that would turn into burning and suffocating when she's away.

It was him.

Her soulmate. Her Lost Prince.

Her BOSOM