Thirty Seven.

Chan still looked pale, but indeed he looked healthier than he was when he woke up. The dark circles around his eyes were long gone and his lips were having a darker shade of pink. His arms and upper body were perfectly normal with little muscles starting to grow here and there. His lower body was still weak but much better than before. The wheelchair was nowhere around him anymore and he just started to use crutches instead.

Alana looked fresher and livelier. She would now be striding the hospital corridors and hallways with a wide smile decorating her face. She wasn't lacking sleep that didn't know she needed anymore. And since it was almost summer, she started wearing light clothes and tying her hair up to keep it out of her neck and nape, surely exposing her mark. That mark was now a black tattoo that had a very faint orange line framing it. Just like Chan's mark that was black with a faint blue line framing it.

It's been a week already since Chan declared he had no intentions of rejecting Alana as his soulmate, and that was enough to make her heart finds its peace again. She didn't have an answer to Sky's question about whether they were dating or not. She didn't care what names their relationship should take as long as he was by her side, as a soulmate. Of course, Minho didn't let that slip and tried to convince her that he was the one who talked to Chan about it and how he shouldn't leave her hanging and blah blah blah, but she couldn't care less.

Alana was having the time of her life.

Except how Chan never stopped pervertedly touching his mark on random occasions and times, making poor Alana startles. For once, she was done with him and without thinking, she pinched her own neck hard enough to leave a purple painful bruise on it, knowing that he would be having the same bruise to remind him whenever he thinks of touching that spot, that he'd better not. And Alana didn't care how that purple bruise looked like a hickey. And when she actually realized, she didn't care, she chuckled at how she started to get affected by his boldness. That's not like her but she didn't hate it, though.

Although it was Alana's only day off, she found herself tiptoeing past the nurses' station on the sixth floor. Just before she safely makes it past the station, the sound of someone clearing her throat made her freeze, and her steps halt.

"Where do you think you are going, miss?" Miyoung's playful voice came from behind Alana.

Alana turned to find the woman scanning her up and down with arms crossed and a lifted brow. Alana smiled at her awkwardly. "Umm... just having a tour?"

"That late at night?" Miyoung smirked. "With that box in your hands?" She cocked her head towards the box, making Alana's face drop. She almost forgot why she was sneaking and tiptoeing in the first place. That box wasn't to be allowed in. Alana's brain was thinking hard of any excuse that she almost had smoke coming out of her ears. Miyoung noticed and she pitied the poor girl. She didn't mean to corner her, she was just enjoying teasing Alana. "Easy, Dr. Mun! I'm letting it slip this once." She paused and stepped closer. "Only this once." She warned before turning around and leaving.

Alana sighed in relief. She thought she was busted and her box would be taken away. Brushing off, she resumed her journey to the end of the corridor. Instead of stopping at Chan's room, she continued to the terrace. Once she stepped in, her smile painted her face the widest ever.

"Finally!" Chan groaned. He was sitting on the bench facing the railings, looking over his shoulders at where Alana was standing. His crutches rested on the railings while his legs fluttered with excitement. His eyes gleamed at the box in Alana's hands.

He looked extremely cute.

Trying to hold her laughter back, Alana headed to the bench to sit by his side. "I didn't take that long." She rolled her eyes.

"You took forever!" He snapped. Once she was seated, he snatched the box out of her hands. Quickly, he opened the box. He let a sigh of contentment, looking all lovingly at its content. "Oh God! I fucking missed those triangles." He said then he started digging into the pizza lying deliciously in the box. At that point, Alana was jealous of the pizza.

Earlier, Alana and Chan were chatting through messages when Alana asked him about his favorite foods. It was one of the many random questions she would throw at him as she wanted to know more about him. Once he said how he loved pizza and was craving it as he ate nothing but hospital meals since he woke up, Alana decided to make his little wish granted. She got the pizza and told him to meet her at the terrace while she tries to sneak it in.

"I was caught by Nurse Miyoung, but she let it go." Alana giggled. Chan didn't reply, he just hummed. He was too occupied by devouring his second slice.

Alana took that opportunity to stare at him. He was stupidly, overly, breathtakingly handsome. The full moon reflecting its faint light on his face made him look even more ethereal. Warmness filled her insides as she watched how his emotions displayed on his face because of a simple slice of pizza. How his dimples kept showing whenever he smiled after each bite. She was proud she didn't give up on him. What laid ahead of her was a reward for all she'd gone through for the past nine years, and now she's not feeling an ounce of regret.

Alana's happy moment wasn't to be interrupted if it wasn't for her fears coming back. She talked to Dr. Kim the day before and he told her Chan would be discharged by the end of that week. He was doing perfectly and there was no need for being hospitalized for more. His physical therapy sessions would be resumed partially from home and the rest would be at any of the nearby centers.

Alana was the happiest for him. He was getting back his life. She waited for that moment for long. She wanted him to be out and free to experience whatever he missed, and she was excited to be by his side when he does so. Her fear came from the distance that would be between them.

He won't be five minutes away anymore. He would be somewhere in that big city in his parents' house. She was always busy with her shifts and she could barely spare time for him when he was in the same hospital. What would she do when he leaves?

"What is it?" Chan asked, looking at her.

Alana was deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice how he finished his food and wiped his hands and mouth. She didn't notice how he shifted slightly to be facing her. She gave him a tight smile. "Nothing." She deadpanned. "Glad that you liked the pizza."

"Don't Change the subject, Al." He inched closer to her, reaching out for her arm to rub at it. "I can feel your restlessness inside my chest. What happened? What are you thinking of?"

Alana sighed dropping her shoulders. She scooted closer to him and then rested her forehead on his shoulder. "I'm just afraid of what is coming for us."

Chan leaned in. He moved his hand to her back to caress it softly, trying his best in assuring her. "Nothing but happiness, I promise." He almost whispered. "Whatever it takes, I will make sure you are the happiest person ever." He paused to pull his hand higher till it reached her neck. He gave her mark a feathery touch. "I'll make it up for you, for whatever you had gone through because of this," He caressed the mark. "because of me, and because of being mine."