💜 33 💜

Arj: What are you doing here yet?

Anitha looked away from her system and looked at him. She stood up immediately.

Ani: completing presentation for tomorrow's venture meeting with SK Groups, Sir.

Arj: What!

He looked at his wrist watch and turned to her, who was looking at him nervously.

Arj: call Project head and all the team members. They should be here within 15 minutes.

Anitha looked at the digital clock on the wall and looked at him hesitatingly.

Ani: Sir, it's nearing 1.00 am.

Arj: so?

Ani: They might be sleeping. Also, what will their family members say? They may even forbid them to continue their work here.

Arjun smiled sarcastically and leaned against her working table, crossing his arms against his chest.

Arj: well, then do this. Send a mail to SK groups about postponing the meeting tomorrow evening. Then type the dismissal letter to all the team members including the project head, who involved in the venture with SK groups. Then shut down your system.

Ani: Sir...

He glared at her and his one glare made her to shiver. Without any other word, she sat down and started doing what he said.

Arjun watched her work, standing behind her and moved around her chair, picking up the drafts of presentation she was working on.

He went through the drafts, meanwhile she completed what he said and stood up.

Ani: over, sir.

Arjun hummed and kept the file in the place.

Arj: look, you are my secretary and you should do your work only. Don't you have family? Won't they look for your presence at your house? You are working for me, not for my employees. Be honest. If they don't complete work by time then you should make them complete or else complaint to me. What the hell you will get by doing their work until midnight? How long this is happening?

Ani: Sir, I don't have any issues in it. I am here staying here alone. My family is at coimbatore. They don't know about anything happening here. But others have family here. Besides, no one will come forward and agree that who delayed in getting presentation done. But surely not everyone would have done mistake. So, I couldn't deny them when they asked me to complete it.

Arj: so, this is happening for long.

Anitha bent her head down, remaining silent.

Arj: since you are from Tamilnadu, you must know this proverb. Kutta kutta kunijite irunthingana kuttite than irupanga.

He chuckled and she bit her lips, not knowing what to answer.

Arj: if it happens next time, instead of dismissing the project team, I will dismiss you. Because problem is with you only. The space you give only, make them to dump everything on you. And I don't want any dustbin as my P.A. I want a person, who can handle this whole empire even in my absence.

Ani: Sorry, sir. Hereafter it won't happen.

Arj: how will you go to the home?

Ani: In my car.

Arj: Do you think it is safe to travel alone at this time?

Ani: don't underestimate that ladies are weaker sex, sir.

Arjun was surprised by her reply, as she had never talked anything against his words since she has joined his company. She closed her eyes and cursed herself for not holding her tongue.