Chapter XXI

Julie stood there, now fully recovered as she watched the others.

"They can't do this, what are we supposed to do with one emergency vehicle? Share it?" Kade cried.

"Won't be a problem, the town's dumping us too." Dani replied.

"This job is about keeping people safe, no way one robot can protect an entire island." Graham exclaimed.

"Just because I don't like flying, doesn't mean I want to be grounded." Blades cried.

"I guess everybody is replaceable." Boulder sighed.

"Nobody has been replaced." Chief Burns cried.

"Things will be back to normal, I haven't seen it with a vision, but I know it as a fact. The problem with machines is they are designed to follow a specific set of code, meaning that morbot will only focus on the one task at hand, like how it mainly focused on stopping the machine, not that it was already stopping and that it injured me." Julie spoke, standing in the middle of the room. "The team is not gonna be replaced, because the mayor will come to realize that this is not going to work out. I assure you, the second that morbot is in charge of all the rescues, people are going to complain because it left disaster in its wake, whereas your team makes sure everything is taken care of, not just the rescue. The mayor can't be in charge without the consent of the people, and as far as I am concerned, the people are already consent with Team Burns and the Rescue Bots, just as they enjoy having Doc Green in town, they aren't going to accept that to chance, I assure you." Julie cried.

"For now, this is a contest, which we can win." Chief Burns spoke.

"Dad's right. What are we afraid of, the morbot is a machine, programmable metal, you're..." Cody exclaimed.

"Experienced Thinking Rescue Bots." Chase finished.

"Against this team, that bucket of bolts doesn't stand a chance." Heatwave cried.

"For now, I am gonna continue to do some routes around town, I assure you that Dr. Morocco is going to cheat with these next accidents, which is where I am going to be the hidden aid in town. The mayor may not see me as a rescuer, or a citizen of this town, but I assure you that I am not going to give up on rescuing as I am meant to do."

"Dad, we should give Clara a comlink, so she can talk to us. She doesn't have a phone like anyone else in town." Cody commented. "And she would be able to talk to the bots."

"Are you sure you should be hanging around town? The mayor and Dr. Morocco saw you injured, Won't they be suspicious of your recovery?" Graham asked.

"Which is why I am going to be covert. I am only going to reveal myself as necessary, but I can help prevent any accidents if I can. Giving you guys a much more fair chance."

"Very well, if you are certain you can do this..." Chief Burns spoke. "I can give you a comlink to speak with us. Maybe in time the mayor and the people will accept you as a member of our team."

"You better report to us directly. If you end up injured like you were again..." Heatwave growled, while pointing at her.

"I will let you guys know, alright. I don't exactly plan on dying anytime soon, but I still must do my duty in rescuing people, we all know lives are at stake in the hands of danger." Julie exclaimed as she looked at all of them in the room.

"What if Morocco realizes who you are?" Cody asked.

"We will get to that road when we do Cody."

~ ~ ~

Julie walked around town, but instinct sat there telling her to go to the docks, which following the instinct, she did. Finding herself around several crates with flammables inside, based on what she saw from the labels. Looking through them, she saw a round, spherical ball blinking steadily, getting her attention as she quickly, with a push of wind, sent the ball rolling into the sea as it blew up and damaged the end of the dock.