Chapter XXXV

"Rescue Force, Sigma 17, you have learned much since my last routine inspection. I am impressed with what I see." Optimus spoke as he examined everyone.

"I hope so. Heatwave waxed his chassis like nine times for this." Kade grumbled as he looked over to Dani and Graham. Who were both to his left, while Cody and Chief Burns were to his right. Julie stood on the other side a few feet away from them, as she watched, hoping that Optimus or the others wouldn't notice that she wasn't doing alright. She was incredibly pale, though she used what the humans called makeup, borrowing it from Dani the best she could to make herself look normal.

It has been 5 weeks since they went below ground. 2 weeks since they went to Wayward Island for the griffin search. When they got back, she found herself tucked securely in Heatwave's cabin, waking up with him questioning her excessively in the process. Not to mention Graham, Cody, Heatwave, and even Chase were looking at her questionably. Sometimes even Boulder and Chief Burns were questioning her with occasional glances, but she usually just waved it off as nothing.

Not to mention she hadn't been sleeping well the past several nights either, which usually she forced herself to sleep with something over her mouth in case she mumbled or screamed in her sleep, while sleeping in the darkest corners of the bunker, including the com monitors which were a concealed room where they would contact Optimus Prime if necessary.

So if the team and family were questioning how well she was doing, she was absolutely certain that Optimus Prime would as well. Seeing as he was somehow always protective over her as well as much more observant.

"But I also wish to examine how well you work with your partners." Optimus spoke as he walked over and looked down at the Burns.

"Yeah." Kade mumbled.

"Okay Burns family. Let's show Optimus Prime what we've got." Chief Burns spoke.

"You can watch with me and Julie. I know the best seat in the firehouse." Cody commented as he looked up at Optimus.

"Thank you, Cody." Optimus replied.

The three of them headed up to the watch tower where Cody always had his monitors to watch the family out on the field. Julie followed behind them in her human form, thinking quietly to herself while she thought about her situation. She had to figure out how to cast this corruption, but what does one do when they dispose of the demons within themselves? Does one simply pray, hope in faith that the demons leave them alone? Does one simply hope it goes away on its own, even if that seems like the most unlikely solution.

"Julie, would you like to sit on my shoulder?" Optimus spoke, getting her attention as she looked up to see Optimus crouching near her, lending his servo. Breaking out of her train of thought, she nodded as she stepped into his servo, being raised up to where she sat on his shoulder as they watched the monitors with Cody. Julie looked up to see Dani and Blades being chased by a flash of green and purple. A Pterodactyl on their tail as they flew up into the clouds.

"Cody, do you have a visual?" Chief Burns asked.

"It's landing on Mount Griffin." Cody replied.

"Chief Burns, if I go out there and get close to it, I can lure it to the firehouse and figure out why it is not below ground in the underground sanctuary." Julie spoke as she looked at the screen.

"Very well, team, let's meet at the firehouse. Me and Chase will close off the trails to the mountain to ensure a more private opportunity for you to teleport up there." Chief Burns replied.

"Yes, sir."

~ ~ ~

Teleporting was starting to get easier, but for some reason when she did it, it felt wrong. The powers were working for her slowly, but none of it felt natural anymore. Probably a sign that the Dark Energon was continuing to spread gradually. Not to mention she recognized the dates lately getting closer to when her younger self left the world, something telling her that her mission was almost over, but she didn't like the idea, because if her approaching the end of this mission was coming, so too was a conflict that she was sure was going to arise, but when and how? And what was it that she was going to face?