Chapter XXIV

Julie instead of going straight to the firehouse, found herself wandering around town. In silence as she thought about everything that happened. How Bumblebee seemed to be different here than he was in her past. Why did he act so differently?

Julie looked up to see the team was rushing towards the cliffs, getting her attention as she silently shifted out of view once the coast was clear, flying invisible up to where all four of the bots were standing, holding up a wall barrier against a cliff.

"Guys! What's going on?" Julie cried as she shifted into view, her wings back in her void as she walked up to them.

"Julie, get back. This wall could give out."

"A few girders should do the trick until the wall can be rebuilt. Boulder?" Graham spoke, as the bot grabbed a large pipe, before suddenly dropping it and shifting into his alt mode.

"Boulder! What's wrong?" Julie cried in panic as she ran toward him.

"What's going on?" Graham asked.

"I don't know. I...I felt a twinge and then went into vehicle mode without even trying to." Boulder explained as he sat there.

"Well change back." Kade exclaimed.

"He might not be able to Kade." Julie yelled as she looked at Boulder.

"Come on Boulder, we can't hold this thing up...wah!" Heatwave suddenly shifted into his vehicle mode just as Boulder had.

"HEATWAVE!" Julie screamed. "Not another disease, not another disease. Please!" She mumbled.

"What is happening?" Dani asked.

"Whatever it is, I fear that it..." Chase didn't finish his sentence as he too was now in vehicle mode, leaving Blades by himself holding up the crumbling wall.

"No! No! This isn't happening!" Julie mumbled as she went ahead and shifted into her robot mode in front of them, surprising them as she grabbed the girder pipe and propped it in the wall beside Blades, shortly followed by a showing up Bumblebee who propped it with another pipe.

"I guess today's my day to be rescued twice." Blades mumbled as Julie shifted back into her human form and ran toward the three bots.

"No! Please, no! Shift back, come on. We just rescued three of you guys, not three of you down again. No!" Julie mumbled as she hugged Heatwave's hood.

"Guys, what happened?" Cody asked, running up to them.

"I wish I knew." Heatwave replied.

"Let's head back to the station. We'll figure it out there. Julie, can you teleport us all there?" Chief Burns asked.

"No problem, Chief." Julie mumbled as tears ran down her face, before she sent them all into the hangar with the wave of her hand.

~ ~ ~

"More bad news I'm afraid." Chief Burns mumbled as they looked at the three bots stuck in their vehicular forms.

"No! I can't lose them. This isn't happening, this isn't happening." Julie yelled as she paced back and forth by the three bots. "They can't even talk now. They can't move, or transform. What the heck happened? This is nothing like the Cybertronic Plague. There has to be a solution."

"They're just joking, Julie. Good one, Heatwave." Blades spoke up, not winning her over as she ended up breaking down onto the floor hugging the front claw of Boulder's alt mode. "Boulder? Chase, say something. Please." Not getting a response, Blades started to panic. "So does that mean?"

"They're just cars." Kade spoke up.

"We don't know that for sure." Cody cried.

"Why is Blades the only one who hasn't been afflicted?" Graham asked.