Chapter XXIII

"Humans call that bright star the north star." Cody spoke as they all laid on the grass, looking up at the night sky. It has only been a few days since three of the bots had disappeared and turned out to be shrunk down in size. Because of that, she daily was latched onto one of the three bots who had disappeared. Currently, she was sitting next to Blades, hugging against him as she looked up at the night sky.

"And the little star next to it?" Chase asked.

"I'm not sure that one has a name."

"No one ever pays attention to the little guys." Blades commented.

"It may be little, but it's still a star." Boulder replied.

"My ancestors are up there." Julie spoke, remembering something her mother said.

"What?" Blades asked.

"It was rumored to believe that in my people, that every one of us who has died ends up carrying their soul up to the sky, where they take the form of a star, as a guardian looking down upon us." Julie explained. "I used to see my parents, but it was years ago. I was able to speak to my guardians, when they thought I was worthy enough to speak to them and when I usually was in need of their help. I haven't done that for a couple of years though, and my parents when I did see them, they were always so brief. I actually tried to do it when I was with Optimus Prime and his team in the states, they had left me behind somewhere, though I don't believe it was intentional. I at the time thought they didn't care about me, so I ended up seeking comfort in the stars. Yet I never got a response from them, but I did find comfort that night."

Looking up at the sky they saw something bright fly across the sky, falling toward the ocean in the distance.

"Look at that." Chase spoke.

"You see that?" Blades asked.

"Whoa." Heatwave commented as they all stood up. "What star is that?"

"It's not a star. That's a meteor." Cody cried as they looked at where it was falling. "Headed straight for Wayward Island. Good thing no one lives there." Chody spoke as they approached the cliff. Julie got a weird feeling that something big was gonna happen tomorrow. Something was just about to get interesting with her mission here in Griffin Rock. "Well, I know what we're doing tomorrow."

~ ~ ~

"I've never seen a meteor up close, or at all for that matter." Graham spoke as they walked onto the shore of the island.

"It's too bad Doc Green's away on the mainland for a few days." Cody commented. "He'd love this."

"Team, we need to find precisely where that meteor landed and make sure it doesn't present any kind of hazard." Chief Burns replied.

"And uh...let's make it quick, huh, this place gives me the creeps." Kade mentioned.

"I can sense it...in that direction." Julie spoke up as she pointed in a direction.

"Then that direction is where we will go." Chief Burns commented as he looked at her.

Julie nodded as she walked forward, leading the way through the trees, as the Burns and bots were right behind her. As they walked farther onto the island, Julie sensed something along with the bots as Heatwave leaped over the team and stood his ground in front of all of them, just as something jumped out of the tree, causing some dust to pick up.

"It can't be..." Julie mumbled as she ran forward past Heatwave and the others. "Is it really you?" She asked as she saw the dust clear up, revealing a familiar yellow and black bot.

"Another bot?" Graham asked behind her, but she didn't bother to look at them. The black and yellow bot looked at them, before he looked down at her.

"And he's yellow, noble." Cody cried.