Chapter XXXI

Cody set the GPS on his hoverboard for town, and Julie turned to see him expecting the hoverboard to fly off, but instead it floated back and forth, before it stopped where it was. "Oh come on, I set your GPS coordinates for Doc Green's lab, now get going." Cody muttered as Julie looked at him in sadness.

"Sorry son. It was a good idea, but satellite tech won't work this deep underground, comlinks either."

"Well, we'll just have to find the rest of the family using only our wits and courage. It's an adventure."

"It's irresponsible, that's why I was against this subterranean joy ride to begin with.'

"You know Charlie, you'll never learn anything if you don't leave the island once in a while."

"I don't need to get burned to know that fire is hot."

"Speaking of which sir, I seem to have..." Chase spoke, but was ignored.

"But apparently I need to tunnel underground to discover my brother is living with aliens and a 3000 year old witch."

"Ahem, Chief, I am sorry to say..."

"Discover? I told you."

"Yeah, it took you long enough."

"DAD look." Cody yelled as Julie turned to find lava flowing towards them.

"Moldy guacamole." Woodrow muttered.

"Actually, I believe it is lava."

"And it's blocking our only way out." Chief Burns replied. "We must have tapped into one of Mount Magma's old tunnels. Chase, vehicle mode."

Chase transformed as Julie stood there watching. "Woody, Cody inside. Julie, come on."

"But sir..."

"NOW!"

Julie sighed as she ran and got in with them.

"Are you aliens lava proof?" Woodrow asked.

"Unfortunately no, however, all Rescue Bots are trained for emergency evacuation procedures."

"He means tighten your seatbelt." Cody explained.

"But I can..." Julie was ignored as Chase somehow drove forward, using a wall in the cave to fly upwards, flip in the air and land on the other side of the lava, driving out of there at full speed in a tunnel, leaving everyone in shock, including Julie who had her jaws agape at the motion.

"Woohoo, you aliens are the cat's pajamas." Woodrow yelled, as they were driving down the tunnel trying to avoid the fast flowing lava behind them.

"I was unaware that Mr. Petty Paws had sleeping attire."

"It's an expression Chase, Uncle Woodrow is impressed." Cody explained as the lava was getting closer. Julie groaned as she forced the window next to her to go down, before she slid out the window and onto the roof of Chase's alt mode.

"Julie, what are you doing?" Chief Burns yelled.

"My job, saving lives." Julie yelled back as she opened her water bottle and forced the water to flow out and grow in size as she used that to splash the lava and start forcing it to cool down quickly, as it started to harden behind them as they drove.

"Woohoo, she's doing it." Woodrow roared. "That's the stuff man."

"Can we save the congratulations until we're out of danger and we've located the others?"

"Oh, Charlie, can't you ever enjoy the moment?"

"Not while I'm trying to keep my family safe." Chief Burns exclaimed. "Chase, can you jump it?"