Chapter XXXIX

10 Days Later

Julie sat in Chase's cabin with Chief Burns and Doc Green. Doc Green had decided that he wanted to propose this week, but he wanted to get a diamond fresh from the factory. You heard correctly, a diamond straight from the mine, deep underground. She thought it was ridiculous, especially since this was the day her gut told her something would happen. The Primes stopped training with her only two days ago. Their version of training, it was her fighting with them individually, one on one. Who knew Alpha Trion, the bot who looked to be the oldest, could fight. He wasn't the oldest, but he sure looked it.

Not that she held any offense to him. She regarded him as someone to trust and respect. Just as she did the rest of the Primes, until Amalgamous or Onyx were joking with her. They were like really big, powerful, brothers. Older brothers at that, just as she saw Bumblebee as a brother of hers. To think she would grow to care for so many people, if she told herself that years ago, she wouldn't have believed it.

"Hey Dad, can we get that interview?" Cody asked on the comlink.

"Not quite yet, son. I'm diamond shopping with Doc. Direct from the factory." Chief Burns replied. As Heatwave landed on the ground, after going downwards for several hours. Chase transformed into his alt mode, opening his doors to allow them to get out. Julie flew nearby as Doc and Chief Burns looked at each other. "Doc, are there diamonds even left in this old mine?" Chief Burns asked.

"If there are, my gemstone detector will find them."

"Seems like choosing an engagement ring shouldn't be this hard."

"I want to create something special for Anna, she deserves nothing less."

"A question about the exchange of wedding rings. Are they perhaps symbolic of handcuffs, designed to prevent your spouse from escaping?" Chase asked.

Julie started to laugh at the question as she hovered above them. As they traveled down a tunnel with Chase following slowly behind them in his alt mode.

"No Chase." Chief chuckled. "The rings signify a bond between two people."

"Marriage changes everything, it's like the ground suddenly shifting underneath your..." The ground underneath them broke as the floorboards snapped, getting Julie's attention as she grabbed the two humans by the back of their shirts. Flapping her wings as she looked down where Chase fell. Julie would have shifted to make the two more comfortable, but her instinct told her she needed to reserve anything she could, so she simply had both men clinging onto her as she flapped her wings, looking down the hole Chase fell, as he flashed his lights on the way, until it was too dark to see him.

Julie held onto the two humans as best as she could, she flew down the hole after Chase as fast as she could without losing her grip on the men.

"Chase, are you alright?" Chief Burns asked as they went down after him.

"Yes sir. If you jump, I can catch you both to make things easier for Julie." Chase replied as they looked down in the dark to see two small lights flickering as Chase replied.

"I find myself having a little trouble wanting to let go." Doc commented.

"I can't keep holding you both." Julie mumbled as the grip on them she had was coming loose with the shirts starting to tear.

"I don't think you'll have to." Chase Burns replied, as he looked at Doc Green's shirt tearing in Julie's grip.

Julie let go of Doc first, before she let go of Chief Burns, flying after them both as she came upon both humans in Chase's servos.

"Thanks partner." Chief Burns remarked as he and Doc Green were gently set down. "What do you say we end this shopping trip for the day, huh?"

"Not yet, looks like a blue light special." Doc Green replied as a beam of blue light came from a bracelet on his wrist, hitting a nearby rock. Doc crouched over it, hitting it with his pickaxe, as it broke open to reveal a small diamond that Doc held for them to see in his fingers. "A little large for Anna's hand, but I think she'll like it."