Chapter XL

"The waves emitted by this crystal are off the charts. Dr. Hendrickson was right. This is quite a powerful artifact. We have to get it inside, if it's struck by lightning, it could trigger a teleportation." The Professor spoke as bolts of lightning started to hit the ground around them. The storm started to get worse as Julie stood nearby.

"For now, let's just put it back where we found it. Bots." Dr. Green replied, as Heatwave walked forward and picked the crystal up. As he did a bolt of lightning hit the crystal, causing Heatwave to drop it in shock and pain. The crystal fell on the ground, before landing back in the hole.

Julie ran towards the hole, where everyone else saw the crystal glowing a bright blue.

"Reactamine, oh dear." Doc Green cried, as they saw green crystals in the hole.

Julie felt a pain in her gut as everything lit a bright green and blue in front of them, Julie falling forward in the process.

~ ~ ~

High Tide stood on his ship with two new bots and Woodrow Burns. They had rescued him in the middle of the storm as his ship sank. In the meanwhile they had been given the direction to head to Griffin Rock and see the capsule opening for themselves per Optimus's order. As they saw land up ahead, having sailed in the middle of a storm for hours, they saw Griffin Rock light up entirely in a bright green light.

None of them knew what to do, as all they could do was sit there and watch. As fast as the light came, the entire island just disappeared. There was a giant, dry hole in the ground that was quickly being filled in by water until the hole had disappeared.

"What?" Woodrow gasped. "Where did Griffin Rock go?"

Nobody was able to answer the question, they saw several people in the water, holding onto pieces of driftwood and others struggling to swim.

"I'll call Optimus." High Tide spoke, as he turned and walked away.

"Seriously, does somebody wanna tell me where Griffin Rock went?" The young purple bot asked. Covered in white stripes and bearing a green colored autobot symbol. Beside him was a larger young bot who was green and blue, bearing a red version of the symbol.

"We'll worry about that later, right now people need our help." Woodrow replied.

~ ~ ~

4 Days

Julie got onto her knees, feeling the temperatures quickly drop around them. She looked up at the sky to see a storming blizzard.

"Daddy." Frankie cried as she ran to her father. Seeing everyone run up to the Greens and the Professor. Julie struggled to pull herself out and onto her feet. Walking over to the others.

"I'm here Francine." Her father replied as he hugged his daughter.

"Where did this blizzard come from?" Dani asked.

"I think the real question is where did we end up, Dani. As in, we are now in the Arctic." Julie spoke up, as they all turned and looked at her.

"Create a windbreak around them." Heatwave cried as the four bots surrounded them.

"How is that possible?" Kade asked.

"She's right. We're in...magnetic north. I don't know how, but Griffin Rock has been teleported to the Arctic." Graham replied, as he held a tablet in his hand.

"The properties of the quantum crystal were absorbed into the veins of reactamine underground." Doc Green explained.

"Basically making the whole island a teleportation device."