Chapter XXVIII

Julie laid down on the surface of the water, floating silently, as they all were enjoying Blossom Vail, a small nature park that was on Griffin Rock, an area that everyone liked because it was pretty. There was a large set of waterfalls on a mountain area, while there was a small cove from the ocean. Along with lots of flowering trees. Chief Burns was trying to fish, while both Kade and Heatwave were throwing rocks into the water, challenging each other at skipping rocks on the surface. Cody and Graham were sitting at a picnic table with some food, while Boulder was painting. It had been a few days since Optimus had come to visit everyone.

"Hey Julie, enjoying the water?" Kade cried from the shore.

"Maybe, if you two weren't insistent on throwing rocks." Julie replied as she stood up, walking on the surface of the water as she looked at them. Walking over to them as Kade threw another rock that skipped 5 times before sinking.

"Hah 5 skips." Kade exclaimed as he looked up at Heatwave.

"I can beat that." Heatwave cried, as he lifted up a large boulder.

Julie merely rolled her eyes as she walked over to see Boulder and Cody who were talking.

"Your painting looks great Boulder." Cody spoke.

"Thanks, but Blossom Vail deserves the credit. It's so beautiful."

"That is due to 82% less litter compared to similar-sized recreation areas." Chase replied.

"People love this place, so they take care of it." Cody replied.

"To think we almost lost Blossom Vail to a housing development." Graham commented.

"Thankfully the council refused that offer. The mayor and his wife like to snorkel here." Chief Burns replied, as he looked at them.

"Truly nature is a wonderful beauty." Julie commented as she smiled. "I will always be connected to it. Just being able to feel all the life, let alone breath the fresh air, its natures wonderful gift."

"Here, watch this one." Heatwave cried, just as he threw a large boulder into the water, splashing Chief Burns, and likely scaring off any fish nearby. Chase and Boulder both froze as they saw the Chief dripping wet while holding in his anger.

"How about calling it a tie, boys?" Chief Burns asked, silently holding in his anger with them.

"Aw..." Both Kade and Heatwave complained as they were both holding rocks and boulders to throw into the water.

Cody picked up his small data pad, before turning to everyone. "Someone fell into the old Hawkins well."

"Rescue Bots, roll to the rescue." Heatwave cried as they all headed out. Julie riding with Chief Burns in Chase's alt mode.

"Okay, everyone stand back." Chief Burns ordered as several people surrounded the well.

"Her name's Kathy, hurry." A little girl cried, pointing at the well.

"Kathy, we're here to help you." Chief Burns yelled, looking into the well, with Kade and Cody.

"Dad, it's too narrow for an adult." Kade spoke.

"Can I try?" Cody asked.

Chief Burns sighed, before nodding as they put a helmet and a harness on Cody, as they slowly slid him into the well.

"It's gonna be okay, Kathy." Cody spoke as he went inside the well. "Wait, stop." Cody yelled, as they stopped lowering him. "Kathy, are you okay?"

Julie stood nearby, pacing back and forth, as everyone stood nearby to watch.