Story 9: The Flu

You are now heading back to the London Transport bus company, this is Buses of the UK. This story begins at Inspector William Moncrieff's home near Elephant & Castle, he was just getting ready for bed when he started coughing so much, he went all red in the face, so he went to sleep, hoping he'd be better by the morning. But to his surprise, he was worse in the morning, he had a huge pain in his throat and he started to sneeze and sniff. "Oh, I won't be in today" Inspector William said to a relief inspector "I have a terrible cold and I don't want to spread any germs", "Ok, sir, I'll make sure the buses are running on-time". The drivers were shocked to see that Inspector William is not in, "Oh what a shame" they all said.

The buses were running as usual, but Inspector Conwy was a bit nervous about being inspector. "Ok, Pierre you have to take the 390 to Paddington in the MCW Merlin", "Yes sir" answered Pierre whilst saluting Inspector Conwy, he was excited, his favourite bus was the MCW Merlin. He raced to Paddington, when he saw Tornado, the most modern steam locomotive out, but Inspector William was not feeling any better, he was coughing and sneezing. He decided to go out as he needed to do his shopping and to pay the bills, but wasn't perfect enough to go out, he sneezed a few times but what he didn't know was he had given someone else a cold, he went to the GP and it turns out he had the flu.

Inspector William was soon better enough and was ready to work back on the buses, but at the same time, every bus driver and conductor except Pierre all had the flu, too. So, only the 390 was running, at least the company will still get a bit of money. But the public was fuming and didn't catch the bus for weeks, it was very odd driving around London, not picking up passengers, even though it wasn't really the driver's fault, well except for William spreading germs.

NEXT STORY WAITING TO LEAVE THE BUS STATION!!