Story 10: The Thunderbolt

This story is a tribute to my grandfather's job on the buses

You are now heading back to the Rhymney Valley District Council bus company, stated in Caerphilly, this is Buses of the UK. This story begins at the RVDC bus garage, on a really soggy, wet, miserable morning, Robert was waiting for Cooker to tell them which buses to take out. "Davies, Robert you are to take the C75 out to Graig-y-Rhacca in the Leyland Leopard", he said, "Francis, Bob you are to take the 149 to Newport in the Leyland Atlantean", "Yes, sir" they all replied in unison. The rain was coming down in buckets, there was so much it caused a big puddle by the pavement, in which Bob drove through it, and splashed a bunch of kids on the way to school, typical old Bob. 

In the story at about 12:37pm, Robert was switched from the C75 to Graig-y-Rhacca onto the 11 to Senghenydd via Trecenydd. The rain was pounding the window, as if it was hail stones, "Oh wait, it is hailstones" added Robert, he had a bit of a headache because of the hailstones. Then, along came a huge big black cloud, Robert and all the passengers saw it, too, "That's a thunder cloud, alright" said the passengers, it made Trecenydd look absolutely dark, as if it was nighttime. Robert was most shocked he continued on with his journey with the high beams on, it seemed so odd, having high beams on in the middle of the day. 

It was coming close to around 3pm, Robert was in for his final shift until he could have his dinner break. But the thunder was worse, it was loud and terrifying for some people, including Robert's daughter, Rhian. The thunder was just easing off when BANG!, CRASH!, FLASH!, there was a loud roar of thunder and at the same time, there was a huge flash, which looked like lightning, in front of the bus, it was a thunderbolt. The passengers were scared, they were all so lucky, as the bus has rubber tires, otherwise there'd be worse matters, they took the bus slowly across to the station, and the passengers went into the Busmen's Canteen, they all had a nice cup of tea and a warm steak & kidney pie.

NEXT STORY WAITING TO LEAVE THE BUS STATION!!