aftermaths and new starts

Shane had a wet cloth cleaning my face and I was shaking slightly "it's ok to admit your scared after that" he attempted to calm me and I shook my head "I'm not scared, it just reminds me of some not so fun memories" he nodded and I stood up after he finished going to find Carl.

"hey Grimes Jr. I never got to thank you" I walked into his tent and he smiled "it's no biggie, that's how the pact works we save each other no matter what" he looked up and me and I smiled joining him on the mattress.

"I like the idea of that, but what if your not there to save me?" I asked and he grabbed my hand holding it softly "then I'll pray to whatever God there is that your safe, you and Sophie are the only friends I have I don't want to lose you" I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Hey, Carl, Y/n come on I don't want to leave you two down here alone!" Lori yelled and we left the tent my hand still in his as we watched the burial go down.

Carl left me to go talk with his dad then he came back almost immediately "he wanted to talk with my mom" he offered me his hand and I grabbed it, stopping my leg from shaking.

"got I hate stuff like this" I huffed and he nodded "I hope I make it better" I nodded and he smiled.

I took the gun from my belt and grabbed the ammo from my pocket "Shane actually let you keep that?" he asked and I nodded "it saved your life" I smiled and started to reload the clip when Shane walked over "be careful, it's easy to pinch your thumb at first but I trust you" I nodded and quickly finished.

"my dad always wanted me to play baseball or softball, he wasn't big on teaching me how to use a gun" I explained to Carl and he shrugged "my dad didn't really care what I did as long as I was safe, I like soccer though" he placed his hand back in him when I finished and he smiled.

"do you think we're actually going anywhere?" he asked me and I shrugged "I don't know, I hoe we do because it's not safe here anymore" I explained my side and Carl nodded "yeah, I agree" everyone grouped back around.

The next day

We all were outside by the cars and a very tired me was half asleep in Daryls arms "you want to be in the car with the other kids or no?" I looked back at Carl and Sophie.

Carl shook his head no "I think I'll be fine with you" Daryl nodded and carried me into the RV letting my rest with Glenn in the front.

Hours of driving later

The hose in the RV busted and that means I had to wake up from my perfectly good slumber.

"Look grumpy I know that you had to wake up but stretch your legs some" Glenn nudged me and I walked over to Carl huffing "you slept the whole time so far?" he asked and I nodded "needed the rest" I stated yawning.

Shane and T-Dog were going to leave to go to a gas station to look for supplies while we all stayed back.

"hey Y/n, come here" Daryl whistled me over and I walked over "how's your arm?" he asked and I shrugged "I haven't looked and it" he rolled his eyes and told me to sit.

We were both silent as he unwrapped my bandages and used what we had left from G including some alcohol to clean it.

"are you scared for Merrell?" I asked and Daryl huffed "can I be honest with you?" he asked and I nodded "I was more scared for you, you need to stop being so badass it scares me and you don't know how they would have reacted to you doing that" he explained and I turned around once he finished.

"So you do care about me?" I asked and he laughed lightly punching my unhurt arm "of course I do, but if anyone hears about if your done" I nodded rapidly and walked over to Carl and Sophie while the adults talked.

We followed the adults up the hill as they let Jim rest against a tree, I guess his bite had became too much.

Glenn turned us around and we walked back down, this time I got in the car with Sophie and Carl and we looked out the window and we kept driving.

"hey Y/n you ok?" Carol asked and I nodded with a weak smile, quickly falling asleep on Carl's shoulder.