Sanctuary

A year later, Carl and y/n are both 14 (every time a new season happens they age up a year season 4=14)

We had flowers, and rain barrels, pigs, a horse, comics, and book.

The prison became a home, I woke up late and while Carl was asleep I changed into some new clothes, I turned to wake him up and he was terribly pretending to sleep.

“wake up idiot” I ruffled his hair and took his hat heading outside “you took his hat?” Rick asked and I smiled “gets him up quicker” Rick laughed and nodded to Carl “you didn’t wake me up!” he whined and I laughed “I knew the both of you were up reading comics last night” he joked and I put my hand up in defeat.

“here’s you hat back, I’ve got to find my dad, have fun with yours” I put the hat back on Carl and gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek “gross!” he exclaimed wiping his cheek and I laughed waving.

“Daryl!” I called running up to him, he turned and opened his arms to me, he hugged me tightly and I smiled “good morning champ, how were the comics?” He asked and I rolled my eyes “eventful” I joked and he kissed my head.

He gave me his vest and I frowned “cover up some, the tank top reveals to much” he grumbled and I smiled “I’ll go steal one of Glenn’s flannels if it makes you happy, plus I’m fourteen the only guy remotely old enough to date me is Carl and I don’t like him like that anymore” I handed the vest back and Carol laughed shaking her head “they grow up so fast” she joked and I rolled my eyes.

“Glenn I’m coming in don’t be naked!” I called before coming in his cell “what do you need” he groaned and I smiled “a flannel, apparently a tank top is too much skin for Daryl” I gave a spin and Glenn sucked in some breath.

“It is a little cropped, and your only fourteen don’t you think a winter coat would be better Maggie?” he asked and she nodded in agreement “it would really go, especially with the temperature of what like 75 almost 80 out?” she laughed and I rolled my eyes grabbed his red flannel “talk to you when you come back!” I called leaving.

Michonne came back and I ran down to see what she had “somebody hit the jackpot” she handed Carl and I new comics and we both cheered “thank you” we said in unison and we led the horse back to the stable.

“you have a flannel now?” he asked and I laughed “tank tops are too much skin for Daryl” I rolled my eyes and Carl shrugged “I think you look great, the jeans and flannel make you look like a farm girl” he joked really getting a kick out of it and I pushed him “never again say that” I took the flannel off and tied it around my waist.

I looked back at Carl to see he was faintly blushing.

“Hey, I’m checking the snares, I expect you two to do your chores” Rick came over and we both nodded, Carl brought his attention away from me and to his dad.

“read your comics, maybe some books too, better yet Y/n you could work on reading out loud instead of in that clever little head, work on pronunciation” he said and I looked down shamefully.

“look, I’m not putting you down, like I said you just have some speech issues Carl can help you work on them” I nodded and went to help Carl brush the house.

After chores

Carl and I both finished reading and were running outside.

“Where are you two speeding off to?” Maggie asked and we both laughed “we were just heading outside, we finished our comics” I smiled looking at Carl who nodded.

“I seriously doubt that but, go have fun, and be safe” Maggie nudged us and we laughed heading outside.

We saw some of the smaller kids waving to the walkers.

“your naming them?” Carl asked handing Patrick the soccer ball, he was older than us but he was still our friend, and Carl was convinced he had a crush on me.

“one of them has a name tag, so we thought all of them should” one of the little girls shrugged and I laughed “they had names when they were alive, now they’re dead” I explained and one of the girls huffed “they’re not dead, they’re just different” she argued and I huffed “what the hell are you taking about, they eat and kill people” Carl yelled and they walked away.

“I’m going to head up, so you soon kind sir, and I’ll hopefully be hearing you read later your Royal Highness” he kissed my hand and I nodded “yeah, hopefully” I nodded watching him walk away.

“he does know I’m like 14 right?” I asked and Carl laughed “he’s only 17, in a month 18, you look about that age” Carl joked and I gagged “Carl there’s think thing called being a pedophile” I laughed.

We made it to story time and when Carol brought out knives we both left.

We left to our little hideout we made and stayed there, talking and reading for a bit.

It had different photo of me and Carl on the walls, some photos had the original group or just the farm group, there were battery powered lights strung around the walls to light it us a bit.

There were pillows and blankets on the floor so it was comfortable to sit on the ground.

After hours of reading and laughing

I pulled him along, outside “just one walk, some fresh air” I locked fingers with Carl and walked with him “just until we get to C block” I smiled and he laughed.

We got inside and went to our cell “goodnight Carl Grimes” I mumbled getting into the top bunk “goodnight Y/n” I mumbled back, laying down.

The next morning, we woke up and got dressed, we followed Rick outside and caught Michonne before she left.

“Any request little miss?” she asked me and I shook my head “I’ll take a new hat if you find one I’d like” I smiled and she nodded.

We helped Rick clean service of the weeds and dead plants out “you seem out of it today, rough night?” Rick asked and I looked at Carl shaking my head

“something feels off, I had a bad dream, it’s nothing” I gave a half smile and Carl nudged me “if it was bad enough to shake you it’s not nothing” he pushed and I huffed “walkers were in the prison, they made it to C block” I cut myself off and he nodded “it’s safe” he assured and I nodded.

Shots broke out and there were walkers in D.

Rick told Carl and I to run to Maggie but first we let Michonne in.

Michonne got hurt and I helped Maggie get her in “I got her from here, I want you to get with Carl and the two of you get Beck to C ok?” she asked and I nodded.

“Beth where’s Judith?” I asked and she handed me Judith “Carl!” I handed her to him and he shook his head “let’s go see if your dad is back yeah?” I asked and he nodded.

Turns out it was a Flu, Patrick had it and he died, attacked the cell block, we couldn’t be close to exposed people.

“Hey, Y/n I need to have a word with you” Rick asked and Carl helped Maggie and Michonne in while I kept a distance from Rick.

“look we may need help curing the sick or finding medicine, so I want you to help, I trust you on runs, you can ride a horse, I trust you to stay safe” he said and I nodded “maybe for Jude’s sake you, Carl, and I should stay away from her, to keep her safe?” I questioned and he nodded.