the Greenes

I woke up slowly coming to my senses, my head hurt but most importantly my side was killing me.

“Carl?” I questioned and I tried to sit up letting out a pained yell, when a girl came running into the room “careful on your side, I stitched it best I could” I rubbed my eyes.

“what happened?” I asked not caring who she was “you got shot, it was real close to an artery, and your bleeding was pretty bad not nearly as bad at the boy though” I pushed myself up with one arm holding my stomach with the other and shook my head.

“Where is he?” I asked and she helped me up do I could walk to the other room.

He was laying there with a patch over his side and I teared up at the sight, “what is she doing up, she has to rest!” an old guy scolded and I shook my head “can I sit in here please” I begged and he looked to the girl beside me “there’s not enough chairs in here but you can sit outside and you can hear any updates as soon as they happen” She instructed and I moved my hand to my head “where’s my hat?” I asked and she laughed softly.

She led me to the bed room and made me lay back down as she pushed a baseball cap on my head.
“I’m Maggie Greene, that’s my dad, Hershel he’s a sweetheart” I smiled “I’m Y/n, don’t really have a last name, Carl is my best friend and the rest of our group is a weird little family” I joked and she laughed leaving my room.

An hour of bed rest later

When Lori arrived you could hear her make a stop to Carl and I smiled knowing that he was lucky to have good parents, then my door creaked open and I put a bookmark in my book.

“sorry I didn’t visit earlier” Rick sat on the side of the bed and Lori hugged me softly “I’m sorry I couldn’t do anything” my lip started to shake and they both shook their heads.

“don’t you dare try to put the blame on yourself, I heard the the first thing you did after waking up was run to his room, he is so, so lucky to have you as a friend” Lori kissed my head and I nodded laying back.

She left and Rick kissed my head “rest, he’ll be alive when you wake up” he patted my arm and I nodded falling asleep.

Hours later

I woke up to faint knocking on my door.

I sat up slightly rubbing my eyes as Maggie used a pillow to prop me up “hey solider you ok with visitors?” Glenn asked and I smiled faintly “hey bubs” he walked over and hugged me softly “she pushed through it surprisingly well, she needs to rest but not as long as the boy” Maggie said and I smiled giving a weak thumbs up.

“Go back to sleep, preferably without the hat on” Glenn kissed my head and I smiled going back to sleep.

Hours later I mean how much time passes before everything is ok??

I woke up and nobody was in the house so I made my way to Carl’s room with a hoodie I didn’t have before on.

Lori walked in and I smiled “you shouldn’t be moving around this much” she huffed and I looked down “I had a nightmare” I mumbled and he nodded in realization.

Shane walked in stood silently before leaving, then Maggie came in and raised her eyebrows at me “I had a nightmare, and I was scared so I came here” I explained and she nodded “then I guess you can stay but at least come get a pair of pj’s” I nodded and followed her to get some pajamas.

The next morning

I woke up in a chair beside Carl’s bed and he looked as it he had just woke up “Carl?” I questioned and he smiled “Y/n?” he questioned back and I smiled “is Sophia ok?” he asked and I shook my head “we still haven’t found her, not like I could look much anyway I’ve been on bed rest for a day now I can do light work” I smiled and he gave me a thumbs up.