big things

We brought him to the meeting room and he kept rambling “you know if you ever shut your mouth people would actually like you” I huffed standing and turning to him “well now I’m turning my attention to you” he smiled and I huffed “please, any question you wish, I’ll answer” I rolled my eyes and sat down. “I can’t help but notice that shiny ring on your finger and wonder if anything else has happened in between you and your man” he asked and I gagged “Gross! And no or at least nothing I would tell you” I huffed and smelled something weird just as Eugene smelled it.

He got up and went to pulled the two away from the fire while I grabbed Judith. The chimney exploded just as I covered Jude’s head but nothing major happened.
Gabriel announced we were heading to Aarons house and we hurried there.

The next morning.

The storm had stopped and I decided to go outside with Judith to walk around “is what Negan said true?” she asked and I looked down at her “sorry?” I asked and she smiled “are you being moody because you have a baby in there?” She asked and I shook my head “Jude!” I threw a smaller Snowball at her and she laughed “I won’t tell anyone until your ready!” she pleaded and I got down to her height “promise me you won’t say a word” she went super serious and nodded “so are you actually?” she asked and I huffed “not yet but, sometime in the future hopefully” I smiled and she hugged me.

Carl came out and joined us, just as Michonne and Daryl came back. “Mom!” they both yelled and ran to hug her while I smiled, I heard a whistle and saw Daryl so I ran to him and hugged him just as tight “you ok?” he asked and I nodded hugging him again “any luck?” he asked carefully resting a hand on my stomach and I shook my head “but that just means I get to do this” I hurried to grab a Snowball and throw it at him watched and he got offended.
That caused a Snowball fight and we were all throwing snow at each other until the kids tackled me “Jude!” I yelled and she laughed hugging RJ as I got up.

That summer.

I was watching everyone train and stepping in when I was needed, Daryl suggested I stayed back with him and took it easy if I ever wanted the chance of having a, and I quote “ a little scallywag running around” but I mean hey, it was a free day for me.
The boat started to break so I broke my one rule and want to help, I couldn’t help it, it was in my nature. I moved up with Daryl and I threw my knife killing the last walker “I told you to hang back!” he scolded and I threw my arms up “it was one throw of my knife, I’ve done more as a child,  remember the time I was stuck under a dog pile of those things? Oh right you don’t because you didn’t care to look for me!” I exclaimed and stormed off.

I had started to get Rocky with Daryl recently and maybe it was his fear of becoming a grandpa that caused him to be so on edge about me, totally nothing to do with me, I was fine. “Y/n, go apologize” Carl huffed and I rolled my eyes “no, he’s the one trying to tell me what to do, I’m an adult, I don’t need his to get so protective of me!” I exclaimed shrugging it off and Carl grabbed my shoulder “I know your scared, I’m scared too but that doesn’t mean you turn your back on Daryl or my mom, even Judith you’ve started to block out” he hugged me and I started to cry into his shoulder “with the whispers and the war I don’t want to bring a baby into a world that it shouldn’t be in, I don’t want him to grow up like Judith or RJ, even Hershel Jr.” I mumbled and he kissed my head “that won’t happen, I won’t let it happen ok, plus think of it, this could be an immune baby!” he quietly exclaimed and I smiled kissing him.

I caught up with Daryl and apologized “I’m just scared about what will happen, and if this war never ends and I bring a little scallywag into this world that’s dangerous for them that would make me a bad mom” I pouted and he hugged me “maybe I am a little scared of being a grandpa” he joked laughed and I rolled my eyes. “What are the two of you talking about?” Michonne came over with RJ and Judith “nothing! I just apologized” I smiled and we heard a boom in the sky and something crashed through.

“Y/n, Michonne! Eugene needs to talk to the two of you now!” Rachel alerted and we ran, turns out some type of satellite crashed and it could burn down the whole forest if we didn’t get there with water. We got to the spot in the forest, it was on their border but we needed to put it out, we started on the outside and pushed in.

Walkers started to come in and we kept fighting while trying to put the fire out. We finally got it out and a lot of us were coughing our lungs out because of the amount of smoke.

“you should have stayed back, you can’t inhale that much smoke” Carl scolded and I took a deep breath “I don’t get it, why is everyone treating me like I’m pregnant, I’m not so stop treating me like any moment I’m going to give birth” I argued turning to bump into Carol “I shouldn’t have heard that” she blinked long and hard before she kept walking.

Daryl pov

Carol and I walked to where they had the hoard but it was gone, and it had been for a while “you still want to run away together?” I asked and she nodded “tomorrow” something was off about her, I could hear it in her voice.

“you should think about it, really” I barely turned to look at her “why didn’t you tell me, why did she tell me?” Carol asked and I looked over at her “huh?” I asked and she turned her head “the baby, I’ll stay because of Y/n, that’s it” she pointed to me and I raised my hands in defense.

Y/n pov

Soon enough we headed back to Alexandria and ran into season trouble, there was a hoard of walkers  coming our way.

24 hours later.

The heard still hadn’t thinned and we were ranking up to two days, we worked late into night finally clearing all of them. “I don’t on if I can take another heard, yet alone anything else” I huffed and Carl hugged me “love birds, let’s go!” Michonne yelled and I groaned standing up.

And hour later.

“I say we go, if we don’t she can retaliate against us and honestly I don’t think we can take that” I explained and Aaron stood to be level with me “this seems like a bad idea!” he argued and people started to yell again “Hey!” I yelled and it went silent. “if you think it’s such a bad idea then be my guest to stay here, but don’t expect a seat on the council when I come back” I crossed my arms and he huffed “fine, we can go, but if anyone dies it’s on you” he pushed my chest with his finger and I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.